[RELEASE] Rachio Community (dashboard + hose timers)

:open_mouth: Why in the world would that be a platform-specific feature?!

Edit: Hmm, maybe it’s a product-specific feature? Unlike you, I do see Interval in the web interface. I have a Rachio 3; do you have a 2 or 3e?

Hi Everyone,
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My landscapers come on thursday to mow the lawn and I want to send a stop watering command to Rachio on Thursday morning before they arrive. Can you point me to where I can create a rule to do this?

TIA

What Rachio model do you have? Do you have an option to specify the interval days like @mikee385 mentioned a few posts up?

I have a Rachio 3. I have setup interval days. In my town, I can only water on odd dates. I asked Rachio support and they weren’t able to provide an option.

If set interval won’t work for you, then perhaps try using rule machine to issue a setRainDelay command the morning you want to skip, with a value of 1 (for 1 day). @Equis might be able to guide you further since it seems he has tried to do the same exact thing.

Are you looking to do this ad hoc just occasionally or do you want to never water on Thursday. If the former, can't you just use the app to put it in standby mode when you want to suppress sprinkling? Or if you are using the integration that is the topic in this thread, put the system in standby (send custom command to actuator device like this).

StandbyOn() on Rachio - Rachio-CXXXXX

Because I had this already existing for my pre-Rachio Hunter controller, I have a relay that is now wired to a rain sensor terminal on the Rachio, and that relay is shown as "Irrigation System Enable" on my dashboard. If I anticipate mowing the grass the next morning, I just tap this button.

I love this idea! I'm going to try to setup in RulesEngine and will get back to you.

@HAL9000 I'll try your suggestion if I can't get the raindelay function to work as expected

Doing something similar is definitely on my to-do list. I haven't spent much time on it. My quick test in webCoRE didn't work.

This is the error I get:

When I run this piston:

Implementing Standby seems to work, though.

Think I found the culprit for that error. Latest version should correct the issue.

That worked! In my test setRainDelay(3) skipped three days. :+1:

1 Like

Hopefully this isn't hijacking... I'm gonna order a Rachio 3 in the next week. What size pipe are you guys using to your sprinklers? I have 1" into the house, so thinking 3/4 for irrigation for volume. Thoughts?

My professionally installed system used 1/2". For repairs and extension, I used

Raindrip 052010P 1/2 in. Supply Tubing, Black Polyethylene, 100 ft.

and look at that. It is on sale less than half price on Amazon.

1 Like

I'll likely go PVC for most of mine. Is the tubing to the head itself from the T?

I would think PVC would be less forgiving of shifts in the soil and prone to breakage during a hard freeze (unless you blow out the lines every fall like you're supposed to .. I don't).

The T? Here's a pic of what happens underneath the sprinkler head. The head screws into the threaded fitting like this.

1 Like

My thought process was that PVC throughout with T's and flexable hose to the the head....

I'm looking to do the same thing. You should be able to create a rule that only runs on Thursdays at 1am to setRainDelay with a parameter integer of 1. When you're done it will look like setRainDelay(1). I do this in webCoRE, so I'm not very familiar with Rule Machine.

Hi! I ended up with a rule that will send the stop watering command 5 mins after my schedule starts. I think this will work.

Quick update. My rule worked! :-). Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

1 Like

Hey @JustinL, I don't think this matters much, but I'll mention it anyway in case it's helpful to you or others...

Every week or two (-ish), I get an error in the logs that looks something like "_httpGet exception: Read timed out". I haven't observed any problems with irrigation or reporting, so I always just ignore it. I assume this is a periodic occurrence of an API read gone bad somewhere between my hub and the Rachio cloud. I've never noticed two in a row.

FWIW.

How do I Install Rachio Community Package via Hubitat Package Manager?