[RELEASE] Linptech/Moes 24Ghz Presence Sensor ES1 ( TS0225 _TZ3218_awarhusb ) drivers

Damn...operator error (uncontrolled wife event). :wink:

I have two sensors in the bathroom, Iris v2 (to get really quick light turn on) and Linptech (for presence in shower). I had turned the Iris around to face the wall for my testing. Wife evidently noticed it was facing the wrong way at some point before I started testing and turned it back around. I didn't notice the change. The extra fade time was coming from the longer motion time-out on the Iris. :slight_smile: I turned the Iris back around facing the wall and tested again and the Linptech fade time was as expected.

Gotta laugh, she really doesn't love all the automation around the house, kind of puts up with it, and the one rare time when she tries to help it doesn't really help. Of course didn't mention it to her... :wink:

2 Likes

I have set fade from 1 to 30 sec and it's been accurate for me. If I set the max distance to 6 meters in my living room it goes forever before clearing though. That room is around 4.7 to 5.2 meters depending on where you measure it. It seems like it starts getting echoes from the radar throwing it out of wack making take a lot longer. I don't watch the light instead I watch it in HE to see it clear. It seems like it will up the sensitivity after triggered where it will stay active even standing off to the side. Even where I'm in a spot that would not have triggered activity initially. (even slightly behind it) Try walking out of the room for real. Distance settings set too far for the area, and hovering close to it are the only things I found to affect fade-clearing times.

Yes...I always leave the room/area. I go to the other end of the house from where the sensor is, so that I won't trigger/trip anything. I'm literally >50 feet away from the sensor while I'm timing it. If my wife had seen me repeatedly jogging down the hallway away from the bathroom while I'm testing she'd would have thought I was crazy. (And could be right.) :wink:

You might try factory resetting it and then pair it again. Mine started clearing regardless of the presence or not. I had it set up to 60 seconds but still got it wrong. Not the exact same thing as yours, but fade timing problems nonetheless. My ZY-M100-24G (TS0601_IJXVKHD0) required resetting to fix fade and sensitivity settings problems. It has the same, or only a slightly different model radar sensor inside it to the Linptech/Moes. It's worth a try.

It is working correctly. :slight_smile: Maybe you missed my post just above? I had issues w/my wife changing the position of an Iris motion sensor that I had turned around to keep out of the process while I was testing the Linptech's time out. Once I realized she had moved it I turned it around again and re-did my tests and confirmed the Linptech is timing out correctly.

1 Like

I just recive the Moes presnce sensor and will set it in the evening.
In the mean time, does anyone manage to to screw the sensor to the wall insted of using the sticker?

Drill out the pop rivet and use the hole for a screw.

1 Like

I found a situation where I can tell a difference. When set up in my living room/TV room the way Moe's pictures show I get deactivation of the far left seat on the far left sofa. When I turned it I no longer had that dead spot. Short of relocating the sensor I had tried everything with no luck. A simple turn of the sensor made just enough difference in this one case.

2 Likes

How can i get the newest driver version?
I installed the driver in the first message and the version is 1.4.4.

Sounds like you're using the 4 in 1 driver. That driver is discussed in detail here:

1 Like

Thabk you, i updated to version 1.6.5.

I also saw that it is possible to switch the led indicator off but couldn't find the right parameter to set.
Can anyone help?

1 Like

AFAIK, there's no way at this time to modify the LED behavior (using either driver). If you could link to where you read that you can do that, that may help.

Not possible. You can open it and cover the LED.

For the "YESS" to pets activating them and detecting their presence, that is EXACTLY what I have been looking for!!. I let my cats in the garage sometimes during the day to get a break from our foster kittens and while I try to set a colored bulb to "Blue" to show that there is a cat in the garage, it will be great to have some form of "backup" to indicate the possibility of an animal out in the garage when the light is not on. Not sure how I can figure a way to differentiate me in the garage working (don't want the lights to shut off automagically if I'm sitting at the laptop working on laser cutting designs). Currently have a Hue motion sensor to turn on the lights and off when no motion, but when I sit for a while too long the lights go out. Ugh.

1 Like

Just adjust the fade time.

1 Like

I set the fade time to 500 (max) which is like 8 minutes and 20 seconds. Would love 600 = 10 minutes or more. I spend a lot of time out in the garage with my laser and tend to do some design at the laptop. Is the 500 max value set by the manufacturer or in the driver code?

If my sensor is picking up motion from behind the sensor mounted on a wall with the default settings, which setting should I try to change first to stop this from happening? Motion Detection Sensitivity? Static Detection Sensitivity? Distance?

The fade time can be up to 10,000.

Behind the wall mean behind the sensor or in front of the sensor and going through the far wall?

setup said 500 max. Am I using the wrong driver? Tuya Multi Sensor 4 in 1