[RELEASE] Life360+ (BROKEN)

Not to be repetitive, but has anyone found the way around this error that appears on the Life306+ page?

app:13242023-08-25 08:17:29.281 PMerrorLife360+: listCircles, error: http:403, groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: status code: 403, reason phrase: Forbidden

Thanks!

@jpage4500 thank you for supporting this new app version. It works fine with me.
I have a question- is it possible to create RM rules that can use presence devices that alert when different than home location is entered/left? Life360 seems to support that but i have no clue how to use this with HE Life360+ app

I'm doing this with webCoRE but I believe you can do it with RM as well. Use the Life360+ child device and use address1 from that device as the trigger.

Works fine with me.

Update: you can also use life360 tracker. As stated by the developer today it's now working with Life360+ too.

1 Like

thank you @jb1 .
I can't find where the Life360+ child device is. any help with that. I could see that I can create virtual device for life360+ Driver but this is useless as much as I can see because I can't set any address on such device

I actually found the driver for Life360TrackerChild (v2.2.0)but I can't add it manually because of error below

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Life360 Tracker, namespace:BPTWorld, author:Bryan Turcotte, ...]] on line 53

I posted in the release thread above to the developer for potential help with this one

I don't have an answer per-ce but I did notice a few others had a 403 error logging in.. one person had to login with their phone number (including +1).. maybe it has to do with how you initially created the Life360 account

another user said you need to use your username: [RELEASE] Life360 with States - Track all attributes with app and driver. Also supports RM4 and Dashboards! - #412 by John.Herron

Hi!!

As I couldn't find a way to log out, I had to remove all of Life360+, first the devices it created for people, then the app, forcing it to remove the drive. HPM won't uninstall it.

After that, I installed it again, logged in again and it works perfectly.

Thanks.

I still get these:

Was there a way to get rid of these and what are they actually causing?

Hi, sure.

There's some additional things in it but mainly it does what it is supposed to do.

My problem with this whole presence thing is rapid location changes that doesn't really happen. They are reported in Hubitat but not for example in Life360 app. That is the reason why I have "Person1_away" attribute. By using that I was able to lower the amount of false alarms.
Most likely there is better ways to do it and there could be a way to stop these false alarms but I haven't yet figured it out.

Did you try removing the app and re-adding it? Also make sure you've using the latest version in HPM.

Yeah, the previous version didn't handle the http error so it just displayed a 'crash' screen and you couldn't logout or even remove the app from the main page.

Initially here's how I was able to remove the app: [RELEASE] Life360+ (BROKEN) - #151 by jpage4500

I tried to update the app so it would handle these http errors and still let you re-login again. But, I didn't have a lot of testing with this since I had already removed the old app.

The issue is the once the app got an 'access token' it didn't have a way to clear this and get a new token.

1 Like

Yes everything should be correct and has been. For some reason I haven't received these errors anymore.

Hi,

Is it possible to increase the list of locations? I have quite a few in my life30 and when I try to select locations to be tracked, the list cut off and now show the whole list that I have.

Thanks!

I'm not sure actually. Below is the driver code which displays all places. Maybe there's a limit to how many options can be displayed? I'll do a little digging

input "place", "enum", multiple: false, required:true, title:"Life360 Places: ", options: sortedPlaces, submitOnChange: true

There isn't any limit, all places are received directly from the Life360 phone app. Make sure any places that aren't showing up in Life360+ are selected in the Life360 phone app. If they aren't selected there, they won't show up in Hubitat apps.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Hmm...free life360 version user can choose max 2 places. So by choosing one place, two places or whatever (if you pay) doesn't matter in Hubitat. Choosing places in Life360 actually means that user is able to get notifications from locations.
For me it seems like all places from Life360 are available to use in Hubitat even though device page just shows couple of them. Maybe there is a character limit.

I'm troubleshooting an issue with a presence related automation that I have (scenario is when both persons leave at once) and no indication yet that it points to any issue with Life360+. But while looking into this, I noticed that the description field of event says "arrived" on both leaving and entering the geofence. Is there any significance at all to the description?

Good morning @jpage4500 ,
I’m getting all kinds of weird errors. Also getting “error logging into life 360!”
Have confirmed login credentials are correct by signining out and into the the 360 app with same credentials. Also ran update and repair in HPM, still throwing errors.

!p

seems like it's working for me - maybe the life360 service went down for a bit?

It’s been doing this for over a week now, just finally had time to try and play with it.