[RELEASE] Life360 Tracker - Works with the Life360+ app!

Hi @bptworld: please find below the screen shot of the debug log from this morning. Arrival notification works well but no departure notification. I also saw the error message in the log file.

Hopefully that helps to find something out and please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks again for your support
J

Perfect! thanks

New bundle on GitHub...

2.1.9 - 10/29/22 - Fixed typo

Thanks for the very fast response. Will try it out immediately. Just ran into another issue which is not related to Life360 Tracker. Just wanted to update the bundle using bundle manager. Will post in the dedicated folder. Will keep you updated in regards of the Life360 Tracker app.

Thanks for the update. 2.1.9 seems to work fine now.

One last question (for the moment) regarding the "who is with me" settings. Which number is a reasonable setting for the radius? Which unit is going to be used?

Great!

How close you want to be to others is completely up to you. The unit is in meters.

Little present for everyone... :smile:

New version:
2.2.0 - Now works with Life360+

11 Likes

@bptworld Since I updated Life360 tracker yesterday I see following message in Bundle Manager out of a sudden

I already restarted the hub but with any changes

Any ideas?

@bptworld thank you for the continuous support on this app.
One small snag - trying to add manually the Driver code for the Life360TrackerChild I get this error

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Life360 Tracker, namespace:BPTWorld, author:Bryan Turcotte, ...]] on line 53

Wrong thread. Then please read the first post, section "When reporting problems"

@iskren.p.petkov , It's not recommended to manually add any of my app/drivers. Please use Bundle Managaer.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi,

How do I update to this new version 2.2.0?

Thanks!

Using the Bundle Manager

I tied that, but when I go the the Life360 Tracker I still get this error:

What AM I doing wrong?

This is the error in the log:

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 on line 100 (method pageConfig)

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Command 'sendHistory' is not supported by device 186. on line 716 (method userHandler)

New version...
2.2.1 - 08/27/23 - Added more catch code

• I'll remind everyone again, please read post #1 on how to report issues.

Thanks

@bptworld I used Bundle Manager and installed v 2.2.0 for first time Life360Tracker and it worked like a charm - thank you for all your efforts!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the fix!

1 Like

@bptworld - I want to heed your required means of problem reporting, but I'm not sure what log entries to capture (or what to test to make them happen). I updated the Life360 Tracker app to 2.2.0 last week when I saw the bundle had updates. I noticed over the weekend that the dashboard tiles that I have been using to keep an eye on family member locations has not been updating since I installed the update.

If you could please suggest a way that I should test that / show logs that can help troubleshoot, I'll gladly produce them.

Thanks in advance.

I now see that it looks like you handed off the underlying tie to the Life360 API from Life360 with States to Life360+ being maintained by @jpage4500 . I switched to that app and changed the Tracker to point to its devices and now it's working again.

I was getting an error from Life360 with States, tried to reinstall a new user app with it, and saw the message to check the Bundle Manager thread pop up instead of the settings screen... Then I realized all your app threads now say they are no longer being developed or maintained.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the many years of development and seemingly constant support of all these apps. They have made my foray into home automation much easier and more enjoyable. I think it's easy to forget that most of the advanced features of the Hubitat experience are the result of the hard work done by users just eagerly putting their own spare time into trying to create something that not only benefits themselves, but then sharing and maintaining it for everybody else.

Thank You!

2 Likes

Hi,

Is it possible to increase the list of locations for the child driver? I have quite a long list and when I tried to select locations to track, the list got cut off and not show me the entire list.

Thanks!

Please show a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Thanks