[RELEASE] Life360+ (BROKEN)

ok thanks! I'll try it out and merge it in

1 Like

I made the changes that you recommended, but I'm still getting the same error messages in the logs.

I ended up removing Life360 and then adding back again.. not sure if that was necessary but I wanted to test it out from scratch. I'm not sure everyone needs to do this though.. are you able to open the Life360 app and just login -> select circle/members/etc?

Anyway, I'll push out an update to HPM as soon as I can

1 Like

I started by removing and re-adding it before I figured out what was going on, so I can't say if it works without re-adding.

Can you show us a screenshot of the app code around lines 175-185? I'll try to spot an error there.

The app could use some better error handling in this case.. it should still let you logout and try again or remove the app completely.

I was able to remove it by hitting the little gear icon next to Life30+ in the apps list and at the bottom of the page 'remove'

image -> image

I pushed the change so I think it'll just show up in HPM (but it's been a while so let me know if not)

version 3.0.15

• merge PR from @jbaruch - Fixed url and auth token after Life360 migration to cloudfront
1 Like

The code looks good. Maybe you do need to remove the app entirely and re-add it?
Also, might it be that the user-agent addition is required in some cases? Not sure.

1 Like

I went ahead and did a HPM update just to see... still getting the errors in the logs.

@jpage4500 & @jbaruch - It's working after a complete uninstall and reinstall of Life360+ -- thanks guys!

1 Like

Ditto for me. An HPM update alone didn't do the trick. But a total uninstall and reinstall of Life360+ did the trick. Thanks guys!

Record speed from problem identification to solution!!? Chalk one up for the community!

2 Likes

True that. The built-in integration is still broken :wink:

I've had to delete and reinstall. I thought I could just switch the driver for the two presence devices created but it deleted them and screwed up my dashboards.

It's working again now but I notice a couple of things @jpage4500

1. When I click on the tile in HD+ for it to go full screen, everything works but I see a "errornotinstalled" message pop up on screen. I've been seeing that for some time.
  2. Also is there anyway to set the starting location/zoom level of the map. When I click a tile it starts its 'zoom in' to the location from a point below South Africa at a worldwide zoom. It would be good if it could start with a view of UK.

I saw that too a while back and forgot about it.. thanks for bringing that up. I bet it's the check that I'm doing for the Life 360 app installed on the phone but I'll make a note to look into it

1. Also is there anyway to set the starting location/zoom level of the map. When I click a tile it starts its 'zoom in' to the location from a point below South Africa at a worldwide zoom. It would be good if it could start with a view of UK.

I had that same question when I was first implementing this.. While it's cool the first few times after a while you just want the map to open up where you are! I assumed it was trying to get the current location on startup and it displayed some global view in the meantime and then zoomed in when it got a 'fix'. But, I agree it's not ideal.. I'll see if I can stop that

1 Like

Great thanks Joe. It's no biggie but for me it does it each time I click on the tile. I have two 1x1 tiles - one representing me, one representing my wife. Though too small to see much other than the avatar and location, both currently show the correct position (I'm shown at Home, my wife shown at Work) If I click the tile to bring up the full screen map on either it starts on teh worldwide view and zooms in to the correct location. When I close that fullscreen view to go back to the app and repeat it does the same again. So even if the location is known, it does that zoom in from somewhere on the equator. As I said it's very minor.

Sort of glad Life360 had the auth problem, because, I had not checked on my Life360 presence devices until it happened. Then, I noticed that 'Life360 with States' is no longer maintained and switched to Life360+. Now, of course, everything is working fine.

Note: Unfortunately cannot simply change drivers in current Life 360 devices, must change all applications (webcore, combiner, etc) to the new Life360+ created device (with same label in most cases).

1 Like

Don't know if you saw the other thread on this, but I suggest abstracting the child devices by having virtual presence sensors. Have a rule that mirrors the child devices to the virtual ones. Any futures reinstalls/change of app/etc. will require modifying only one simple rule.

1 Like

@Jani Can you maybe share your piston?

Thanks

I had been delaying updating to Life360+ until the Life360 Tracker companion app was picked up. But alas I guess I have to update now since these problems are forcing it....any further thought on picking that companion app up too?

1 Like

@JustinL These are great news. I love your app and it's so amazing to get notified if traffic gets bad in the morning commute. Unfortunately Life 360 Tracker isn't working anymore and without that neither any notifications if someone left a certain place nor checking any commute.

All your effort would be highly appreciated. Cannot wait to get all this working again.
Also thanks to @jpage4500 for taking over with Life360+.

You guys rock.....

I actually may have figured out that I can sidestep the tracker app…..

1 Like