[Release] Konke ZigBee Button Driver

I've put up a driver for Konke ZigBee 3.0 Button (based on a Xiaomi Button driver by @veeceeoh).

This button supports a push, double tab and hold (5 seconds). It also fires an event when pressing the reset button, which is exposed as button number 2 (can be used as a secret trigger).

I've been using this driver for over a month now with no issues.

The code: hubitat/konke-zigbee-button.groovy at master · muxa/hubitat · GitHub

3 Likes

Hello, and great that these devices are being integrated. Is there any chance you can integrate the temp/humidity sensor?

Thx

Yes, I have a temp/humidity sensor which is waiting to be unpacked, paired and a driver written for. Not sure when I'll have some spare time to do that though. I will post an update here when It's done.

2 Likes

Great, and thanks for your effort. Hope they are more reliable than the Xiaomi ones.

@alejoc I have released the driver for Konke Temp/Humidity sensor: [Release] Konke ZigBee Temperature Pressure Sensor

@muxa Great job with the driver!

I installed your driver and then paired the Konke button. Hubitat Elevation found your driver and set up the device using it with zero issues. Setup took seconds and was ridiculously easy. Everything works well right out of the box.

After using it, I had a couple suggestions. I hope you don't mind.

1. The batteryLastReplaced send event at line 160 doesn't have .toLocaleString() like the other date/time events. This leaves the date/times formatted differently.

2. The Hubitat built in driver for the Remotec ZRC-90 controller I have has a feature I find very useful and would like to see in your driver. It has a doubleTap command, a hold command and a push command (from the capability "Momentary"). Those commands fire the corresponding events in Hubitat Elevation just like they were pressed on the controller. This is useful when testing rules and I don't have the controller in hand. I think previous HE versions added those commands automatically as part of the PushableButton capability but that was dropped about the time Momentary was added.

Just suggestions. You can make them if you wish. I can also create a fork on GitHub, make the changes myself and send you a pull request when I'm done, again if you wish.

Thanks again for the work!
Greg

Thanks for suggestions, @captncode, these sound like good improvements.

That would be my preferred way, as I don't know when I'll get around to updating this driver myself (I'm busy with other drivers/apps that I'm building). I will happy accept code contributions :slight_smile:

1 Like

@muxa The changes have been made and committed. I have sent you a pull request to review and merge with the base branch, if you agree with them.

1 Like

@captncode, @muxa, @alejoc - still happy w/the Konke buttons? Any issues or concerns when connected directly to HE?

1 Like

I don't have this button. But I have other Konke devices (11 temperature/humidity sensors) on Hubitat. They are well-behaved. Nothing like Aqara. There is only one caveat to their use. They only support zigbee channels 15, 20, and 25.

That channel restriction is also mentioned on the zigbee2mqtt page for the Konke button:

1 Like

Yes, still happy after 1.5 years of use (still using the original battery).

2 Likes

I have had my Konke buttons fall off my network. I fixed this problem with my Aqara Temperature Sensors by adding multiple Ikea Zigbee plug repeaters around the house. In the case of the Konke button, something is causing them to not check in after about 24 hours and then they fall off the network. Any ideas?