[RELEASE] Hub Information Driver

What about my hub in the liquid nitrogen bath?

3 Likes

Thank you sir! FWIW after the tempWork variable declaration, I inserted the following line and all is good now:
if (tempWork < 0) return

1 Like

Hi @thebearmay
I've just noticed this error in my logs.
I'm using your driver and writing the information into the long term storage (LTS) file of the Hubigraph app.

EDIT: The LTS file is stored in the file manager section of the hub so it could possibly be that.

I don't think there has been any updates to Hubigraphs recently which leads me to either the latest firmware update or this app that could be causing the error.
Would you mind having a quick scan to see if it could be your driver? I have no idea when this started so it could be anything.
Thanks in advance.
Here is the error I'm seeing that is basically saying that the LTS file in hubigraphs is objecting to a character it is seeing.

Summary

i see the same thing on first boot of the hub.. with this driver. but then goes away and all seems to be working.. are you seeing the error constantly?

I'm afraid I am. I did update to 2.2.9.137 this morning so could try a reboot to see if it clears it, but like I say I haven't looked at the logs recently so it could have started at any time in the last couple of weeks.
I'll try and reboot and see what happens.:+1:

i have had devices with various errors like this in the long term storage.. they seemed to stem from when a device was offline from a while .. ie dead battery etc.

to clean them up.. i checked wich device/file was being used in the long term storage.. totally removed the graph and info for the device.. deleted the lts file..

re-added the device and graph and all has been working ok for now.. i believe maybe duriong a reboot or something the file got hosed maybe partial entries etc.. Since I had a workaround never looked more into it.

1 Like

Haven't made any changes to the driver since 29 Sept. Change was to suppress a negative temperature value.

2 Likes

OK. Thanks for the prompt response. Appreciate it.
I may have to go down the road as suggested by @kahn-hubitat above which will be a real pain but hey ho!!!!

Hi @kahn-hubitat
On my 'playing' hub I just tried deleting LTS from hubigraphs. Deleting the LTS files from File Manager.
Re-installed LTS in hubigraphs and still get the same error.
It is nothing to do with @thebearmay's driver so I will leave this thread alone so I don't divert things.
Will try more stuff.

Well if there is something I can change to help resolve let me know.

2 Likes

i have not updated yet.. will update later and let you know if it breaks it for me.. what attributes are you graphing.. if you had not updated in a while remember a few firmwares ago one of the memory attributes went away..

Hi,

I was just curious if there's any info in here about a hub update available and/or what version that is? I see a hubVersion in the image but didn't find anything in this thread in case it was added later

hubVersion and firmwareVersionString both contain the HE software version that the hub is running under. I have the code in a test version to indicate whether an update is available, just haven’t optimized it yet.

3 Likes

That morning quickie app continues to feature creep.

1 Like

You know, I think about that every time. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Driver now has the hubUpdateStatus attribute, its normal value seems to be NO_UPDATE_AVAILABLE. This attribute has a separate polling rate from the normal grouping, and defaults to 6000 seconds (1 hour). Setting the poll rate to zero will disable the polling.

3 Likes

So this could be linked to an announcement that an update is available?

Just knocked this up quickly.
May have to change the text 'UPDATE_AVAILABLE' for update available when one becomes available.

Summary

Could use RM or webCoRE and look for a change in value to send a notification or take another action. I also have a light weight app that will monitor it (and a few other values) and send a notification.

2 Likes

How does that differ from hub information?