[Release] Hub Monitor

Had a few minutes this morning so I stripped out the alerts function from the Hub Information Aggregation app, and put it out as a light weight standalone app. This app monitors attributes in the Hub Information Driver (can monitor multiple linked via Hub Mesh) for changes and compares them to what you determine are acceptable values to send out push notifications.

Currently the attributes monitored include: Hub Temperature, Database Size, Free Memory Available and whether the IP address has changed. Monitoring is driven by the polling cycle (uptime attribute update event) of the Hub Information Device.

Available via HPM or at https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/apps/hubMonitor.groovy

18 Likes

Just when I think you've out done yourself, you do it again!!
Thank you so much :hugs:

1 Like

I set the app with the following but have been unable to trigger an alert for Hub db.
Can'y screen capture anything in the logs for you as nothing shows up.
Any ideas?
Capture

Should be looking at the values every time the Hub Information device runs a poll, what does the device page look like for your hub information? (You can force a poll by hitting Configure.)

The bear does again...really excellent!

1 Like

Hmmm.. that should be alerting. Let me create a version with some logging and maybe add a parseInt on the currentValue retrieval...

1 Like

FWI, I have a rule for HUB Information that triggers a VS and notifies me that works flawlessly so I know the driver works

I just pushed v0.1.2 which has the debug logic and adds the toInteger() and toFloat() to the value retrievals. Can you pull it down and turn on debugging to see what we get?

Thanks.

Cheers

Just thought I'd let you know that when the "Alert on IP Change" is enabled, saved, then disabled and saved, it still reports the IP Address in the logs

Thanks, changed the debug only to report IP if enabled. Also added a debug line in the notification section if you want to pull it again.

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, was burning the candle at both ends to the early hours this morning.
All working perfectly now.
Thanks for your support and another awesome app!!

1 Like

No worries. Glad to see it’s working for you.

Added an option to check for a change to the hub update status (i.e. new firmware available for the hub).

Hi Jean, I just updated this and enabled the "Alert on Hub Update Status Change" option on both of my hubs and now I'm getting alerts every few minutes.

Try hitting Configure on the Hub information driver

Apparently the driver didn't update in HPM. I tried to update manually and got the following error:

java.sql.SQLException: Version does not match, attempting to update version 57, current version is 58

I've seen that when I accidently hit the back button and then try to save.

What is this for?

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 8.56.33 AM