[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

I've added 1 door lock and 1 garage door opener to Homebridge (using Homebridge Hubitat v2.0). I see each device in Homebridge and I'm able to control each via the UI. The issue I'm facing is that no matter what I do, both devices show with "No response" in the Home app/HomeKit and I cannot control either one. I'm at my wit's end and tried everything that I can think of to no avail.

Check the log and see if any error message sending to Homekit

Which log specifically?

you should ensure there are no warnings or errors in the HE logs:

he console -> logs

if that is ok, the you can check the home bridge logs which are visible when you login to your home bridge server

There are no errors in the HE logs. As I mentioned, both devices operate properly from the Homebridge UI.

There don't seem to be any errors in the Homebridge logs either. In fact, I can see the lock's lock and unlock activity within the logs.

I just can't figure out why both devices still show as "No response" from within the Home app.

Have you tried using Hubitat's built-in HomeKit integration?

Have you tried using @dan.t's MakerAPI HomeBridge Plugin? I have been using this for years and it works amazingly well. I like it because there is no custom code required on the Hubitat hub.

Just a couple other ideas for you to try. :thinking:

Have you performed the HomeKit architecture upgrade on your iPhone? I have chosen to leave mine at the old version of HomeKit for now. Not sure if performing the upgrade might have anything to do with the "No Response" messages you're seeing.

1 Like

Yes, I'm actually using that for all the other devices I want to use in HomeKit. Those work perfectly. It is my understanding that locks and garage door openers are not compatible with the built-in integration.

Yes.

Ahh, very good point! I forgot about that restriction, imposed by Apple on boundary devices.

How/where are you running Homebridge? You may want to try different mDNS Advertisers (on the Homebridge settings screen).

1 Like

Portainer (Docker) on a virtual Linux server.

I'll give that a try.

First what are you using as Apple Hub for homekit?

And try this to see if it resolve your issue if devices are working in homebridge and Apple Homekit is set up with the homebridge provided ID is to log out of your iCloud account on Apple Hub and log back in again.

Makre sure your iPhone and Apple Hub iOS are all up to date

The Oznu image? Make sure all your components are up to date. There are newer Homebridge updates that are not part of the latest container image.

Latest AppleTV.

Will try.

They are.

Yes.

They are all up to date.

Is there any way to figure out which device(s) are contributing most to homebridge calls? I'm trying to figure out if reducing hub load will help with some issues I'm having hub-wide. After moving Ecobee and Rachio off my central hub, Homebridge is the app making the most calls by far (over 100k calls):

You could try turning on detailed logging. Its going to be whatever devices you have shared with the app which create the most events. Every time a device has a status change the HB app will have to process it and then decide if it should send it over to HB or ignore it.

Your % of total is not too bad, less than 1% of overall CPU time. Although My HB app is only 0.142 so yours is a bit busier.

I now see there is device history at least for the last 25 events. Gives me a little idea. One thing is my Flume sensor and ecobee thermostats are sending events for attributes that HomeKit doesn’t do anything with. How can I stop sending homekit these events? I see attribute filtering for some things but not what I need:

For example, how do I stop Homebridge from sending Homekit Ecobee events for attributes other than the temperature attribute and the other themostat-related attributes that Homekit actually supports?

The easiest way is to simply directly pair your Ecobee thermostat to HomeKit, and simply take Hubitat and HomeBridge out of the picture. Hubitat can still be connected to your Ecobee, as that happens via a cloud integration.

1 Like

Great suggestion. Thanks! Wonder if I can do that with Flume too…

Looks like your hub load is really low...

Not sure what you are optimizing for?