[Release] Heiman Zigbee Key Fob Driver

I've been looking for a Zigbee Key Fob to control the HSM in Hubitat. Found one on AliExpress by Heiman.
heiman-zigbee-key-fob

I've put together a driver for it (reusing bits of code from other community drivers): hubitat/heiman-zigbee-key-fob.groovy at master · muxa/hubitat · GitHub

This key fob has 4 buttons. Button numbers are as follows:

• 1 - Arm Away (left)
  • 2 - Disarm (right)
  • 3 - Arm Home (top)
  • 4 - Panic (bottom)

I have also discovered that this device supports Zigbee identify cluster (0x0003). This means you can send identify command to it and it will flash a led for 5 seconds. Note that this command only works during a few seconds after pressing any button (i.e. when the device is awake). I've used this led as feedback that my HSM is armed/disarmed.

Let me know if you encounter any issues with the driver.

I've been using this device for a week now and no issues were encountered so far.

14 Likes

Nice find, thanks for posting.
What did you pay for it? I got the Iris 4 button FOB and it works well and I think it might be a tad smaller. It was 20 bucks on fleabay

~$16, e.g. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975159931.html

1 Like

Does this device also act as a presence sensor?

I don't own either of the button fobs but if they report battery regularly (every minute or less) presence could be added to the DH. Probably not a great range though.

Unfortunately the key fob does not seem to report the battery level. The only events that get fired are the button presses. So it can't be used as a presence sensor.

1 Like

Hell yeah, I've been looking for something like this. Thank you!!

This one is also something I'd like to use. Does anyone know if this is supported, or if there's drivers available for it?

Pardon me for "necro-posting" but a year later I finally got one of these. It works great and is in fact smaller than my Iris 4 button fob.
The heiman responds very quickly but despite loading the driver ahead of time, the fob was not paired correctly, had to switch driver, which tells me the driver fingerprint does not match 100%, but a much better job than I could have ever done for a driver.
Thank you @muxa.

Is the panic button known to HE or do I need to use button controller to tell HE, that button 4 is the "my wife found out how much I spent on HA" aka Panic button?

Cheers for this. I've been looking for a fob to arm and disarm HSM. I bought 2 of these and they work a treat with your driver implementation.

Can you program the buttons to control other things (e.g. garage doors)?

I don't see why not...

How quickly does the Heiman FOB reconnect to the zigbee network when taken out of range like in vehicle?

Would this reconnect to zigbee network and respond quickly enough like a garage door opener controller ?

Necropost #2 Hey @muxa , have you had opportunity to change the battery on the keyfob yet? Mine is acting weird and wondering how it's going for you? Mine is likely related to my Zigbee woes since day1, but in any event...

Bump-Anyone change the battery yet? Mine will not re-pair after battery change. Uggg

Muxa is no longer around, but as these fobs are based on the Tuya platform, Heiman and the newer models key fobs are now supported in the Tuya TS004F driver.

2 Likes

Hi all, I've had a couple of these Heiman fobs working for the last year or so and I've just tried to add more to my system but when i try and change it to the heiman driver above (which is still working on my existing fobs) it gives me a server error and doesn't save changes. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

This is a second report for ERROR 500 today... Are you on the HE platform version 2.3.6.143 ?

I've just found that thread actually. I was on 141 so I'm updating now. hopefully that will solve the problem so many others had with 141 release
Thank you!

1 Like

OK, please let us know if updating to 2.3.6.143 solved the problem.

It solved my problem!