GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Motion Dimmer Driver
I got tired of the generic built-in driver missing features that are on the GE/Jasco dimmers. This was loosely derived from the ST device handler, but mostly re-written.
NOTE 1: This is for the motion GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Dimmers only . It will not work with the non Z-Wave Plus models (12xxx), it will not work with any switch model, and it will not work with the non-motion Dimmer (14294).
It has been tested with a GE 26933 dimmer. It should also work with the Jasco and Honeywell branded models.
NOTE 2: The driver has not been tested on any newer firmware levels that use CRC16 for the message encoding. If you see CRC16 messages in the log when using this driver, that means you have one of those devices. I'll be happy to try and improve the driver to support those, but as I do not have any of that firmware revision, it may be slow going.
- Configuration of button inversion variable.
- Configuration of motion and light parameters.
- Light Off Time, Operating mode [manual, vacancy, occupancy], Motion sensor on/off, Motion sensitivity, Light Sensing for light ON/OFF, Motion Reset time
- Configuration of dimmer parameters.
- Dimmer steps/duration, Switch Mode, Default Dimmer Level when turning on.
- Added command to change Default Dimmer Level.
- Can use this in rules (via custom commands in RM, or directly in WATO, etc.) to set the default dimmer level. May be useful for mode/time based lighting where you want the light to come on a different level than the level it was at when it was turned off.
NOTE 1: Switch Mode simply makes the physical buttons work like a switch. And note that in that mode the physical buttons DO NOT obey the Default Dimmer Level - ON=100%.
NOTE 2: The dimming speed parameters don't likely work the way you think. They do 'stuff', but nothing all that useful - in my opinion. Could be a firmware bug, or could just be how they designed it.
- Install Driver code in Hubitat
- Apply to a GE/Jasco Z-Wave Plus Motion Dimmer device. Click save.
- Edit preferences, save preferences.
- Click Configure command button
Driver can be found on my GitHub
- 1.0.0 (03/03/2019) - Initial version.
- 1.1.0 (03/03/2019) - Update to fix some CRC16 encapsulation issues. Added command class version map.
- 1.1.1 (03/03/2019) - Cleaned up some warning logging that should have been converted to debug.