[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

We don't have access to the Chromecast code. I can only troubleshoot my code. If you can see an error with 'Follow Me', I'll gladly troubleshoot it.

Did you download the latest code and provide a log? I don't see it...

The error occurs after the message completes. I added another Google home device and I get the same error. I'll guess and say it doesn't like the volume level adjustment restore command after speaking.

Q: Does a person need the Chromecst app to see and control Google Home devices?

Don't worry, we'll get it figured out soon. All these changes will come together... getting ready for 2.0 (the next big thing) :wink:

Sounds good. Thanks for all your time and effort.

New version on Github...

V1.3.8 - 08/04/19 - Fixed old message being spoken. Fixed volume error on Google/Nest devices.

I think we are back on track now...

Again, make sure you have the latest code, try it and paste a new log. I'm not going back to look at old posts with old logs that don't match the new code base.

Hi,

My post of the logs was as of the latest code up to that point - V1.3.5.

I'll update with the latest V1.3.8 and see if I am still having issues and let you know.

That was my point, you just posted a link to an old post with old code... With no other data or description of what you needed.

I'm not mad or anything (far from it), just making a point that once I release new code, everything needs to be based on that code for me to troubleshoot. Sometimes one little change can have a huge effect on the app. I've learned that the hard way, lol.

Thanks

1 Like

Here we go....1st version of 2.0 on Github...

V2.0.0 - 08/04/19 - Handles speech much easier. New options available, check your child apps!

Also, be sure to update 'What did I say'!

I'm having difficulty keeping up.

The following is the log I get when running my 'Window Open' rule. I don't seem to be getting the error any more, however I am still not hearing anything out of my Master Bedroom Speaker.

And the following is the status of my 'What Did I Say' device proving that it is receiving the message.

Hi, I can happily say that everything seems to be working as expected now. I have updated the 'What Did I say' driver, which seems to have cured the issues. Whatever you did with the most recent release has fixed it.

Thanks for you time with this. Looking forward to what's next!

1 Like

Man, I'm glad to hear that. I just recreated your Rule and I just keep pressing the button and my speakers keep saying "testing speech" in different languages!

Bryan, nice work. My setup is holding after the last update. You have something much more flexible than just sending TTS via rules. I have Tasker sending voice/sound notifications to my sonos speakers. I now have not only hubitat alerts but also Google Voice, Arlo, Gmail, Pushover and whatever other apps I want to forward via hubitat and an old android tablet running tasker.

I finally have a setup I'm happy with after a loooong time of hodge podge setups. Getting a sound file in addition to high quality TTS voice is so sweet. Thanks for your time and effort getting this going! AND...all running locally (or at least the bulk of it).

1 Like

New user of FollowMe here. Loving it so far, thank you!
Had installed Echo Speaks after the v3 release a few weeks ago and was going to write some rules to "follow me" based on my location and save to a variable, but found your app and saved me a bunch of time.
So, I can confirm that FollowMe does work with the latest version of Echo Speaks, however I do not think the "quiet time" setting is working. Anyone else having any issues with this feature?

Hello,

I am sorry if this was asked before in the 235 replies :slight_smile: How can we resume something that is casting to a speaker resumes after a Hubitat Follow Me alert comes-through?

Thank You
Matt

I assume you are using Google devices since you used the word 'casting'? If this is true then you can't resume.

To resume you would need something that supports it like Sonos or Echo.

Ah yes OK thank you, is that a Google limitation I assume.

One other question, is there a way to adjust the google home speaker volume on a schedule?

Thank You

There is a couple of ways to do this. In Follow Me there is the option to have a set volume and a Quite time volume, you set the quite times.

Also, you could use the message priority features and set the volume per priority level. If no priority level was sent, it defaults back to the set volume/quite time volume settings.