[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

@stephen_nutt can you explain how you are syncing ES on your ST hub to HE Hubconnet? are you using a custom driver?

I did this described approx 20 posts back:

If you need more details, lemme know.

great thanks I will take a look at that. So I only need the extra attributes added nothing else to be added to the code?

That's all i did.

1 Like

outside of the US/Canada the notifications app isn't great as no SMS and a few times the notifications haven't gone through plus apparently it doesn't store and retry notifications. I've moved all notifications from Hubitat onto PushOver

I'm confused. I use the notifications app with pushover. What are you doing different?

I use PushOver virtual device straight from Rule Machine not from the notifications app

Is anyone getting server issues in the logs for EchoSpeaks after the Hubitat update?image|240x500

With over 600 replies, I'm not sure this is the appropriate place to put my question. I'm happy to move/create a new threat if that's more appropriate.

Anyway, I recently installed v3 and am just learning my way around using the commands in either the new Actions, or via Rules. I own a bunch of echo devices, but my bedroom device is a Fire Tablet 7.

I was trying to run the PlayMusic, PlayFlashBriefing, and some other non-announcement / non-text commands on the Tablet, but was getting the error "OOPS... Media Player Controls are NOT Supported by this Device!!!" in the debug log.

I was about to give up on any hope of Echo Speaks music controls on the Tablet when I randomly tested the SiriusXM action - and it worked!

Out of curiosity, I looked at current states info for that child echo speaks device, and noticed a few things.

Under permissions, I only see listed

• Reminders
  • VolumeControl
  • Spotify
  • Alarms
  • Announce
  • TTS
  • siriusXM
  • microphone

Under supportedMusic I see listed:

• Amazon Music
  • My Library
  • SiriuxXM
  • Tunein
  • iHeartRadio

Is there any correlation between the discrepancies between the two? Could the inability to trigger Amazon Music be due to some missing permission on the tablet device?

The solution may just be to upgrade to a nice new Echo Show 5 or something. That would be OK too. :slight_smile:

According to the app screen my fire tablets aren’t supported so i just skipped them and mine are only used as home controller panels anyhow

Just installed for the first time. I have a million questions and curiosities but right now i'm experiencing some... weirdness.

Two things.

1. The setup process talked about waiting for a minute and your devices showing up within the Echo Speaks app. I waited for 20 minutes and they never showed up. I happened to notice that a bunch of new Hubitat Devices did show up in my list reflecting all of my Echo devices. If i click on the devices and issue commands, they seem to work perfectly. However, i still see no devices listed in the 'Manage Devices' area under the Echo Speaks app.

2. The second issue is more concerning. My Hubitat log is getting an error message every few minutes.

" 2020-05-21 12:39:40.481 pm errorEchoApp (v3.6.2.0) | receiveEventData Error: com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Echo Speaks WS' in namespace 'tonesto7' not found"

Any ideas? Are the two issues related?

Did you add all the necessary files for both apps and drivers?

Looks like websocket (WS Driver) not installed?

I think the reason those are showing up as unsupported is that you don't have the "Tablet" option checked when setting up the Echo Speaks app? I'm only saying that because the reason ignored is "Tablets not enabled." I know you said you only use them as controller panels, but just in case:

1 Like

I just checked the instructions again and I don’t see anything about a websocket driver. Did I miss something?

Are there any instructions for diagnosing this? Is it something on the hubitat or on the server?

It is in the instructions. Here is a page with all the drivers and apps listed in one place. Echo Speaks Documentation - Echo Speaks Documentation Software (Current Release) Hubitat section.

The other option would be to use Hubitat Package Manager. It can install, update, and makes it much easier to manage apps and drivers. It is also nice to explore new apps.

1 Like

That did it. Errors are not showing up any more and the Echo Speaks app now sees devices.

Thanks for the link.

The instructions here, under device install don’t mention that driver at all.

Had to check, I thought I remembered it being there.

Well, would you look at that! Ok, we’ll thanks for sharing the other link because I’d overlooked that step five more than once.

1 Like

@davin You're exactly right, hadn't noticed that was even an option! Thanks for clearing that up, I probably still don't need them as they're just showing SharpTools dashboards and are in rooms that have Echo Shows already but at least I know why it was happening :slight_smile:

2 Likes