[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

@toy4rick, @cjkeenan I noticed that this morning and found if you replace single commas and periods with three commas, it sounds more natural. Not ideal, but works for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a go

I've noticed the same - no more long pauses... but haven't been able to find a way to make it pause as much as I'd like... The three commas do make a difference, but I'm looking for a long pause... :frowning:

Yes, I have also noticed this and I even tried 5 commas but that did not seem to make a big difference.

@stephen_nutt did you ever get this to work? I would also like to get some of the Echo Speaks attributes to pass through HC from ST.

I did. I used the HubConnect Speaker Driver, renamed it to preserve original, then added the extra attributes. It usually take 30-45 seconds after new song starts to update info though.

1 Like

Thanks!

So am I correct in assuming that you do not use it as a TTS device, just a music player?

Full disclosure, I use Node Red now for automations so don't use RM but the Speaker Driver has commands for Play Text, Play Text & Restore, and Play Text & Resume so it should be able to play music and act as a TTS.

Ok, I was able to pull some of the information that I was looking for, but the delay that you mentioned may foil my plans. Thanks for your help, anyway. I learned something new today!

@greglsh @Sebastien @toy4rick @bjcowles Is the issue with the pausing due to the implementation of Echo Speaks, or is it just an issue with Echo devices you think, or is it something else entirely?

It must be an Amazon problem. The same thing has happened with native Alexa routines.

2 Likes

Was going to say I don't think it is with Echo speaks as nothing has changed there as far as I know.

2 Likes

I concur. My Alexa goodnight routine (having nothing to do with Hubitat) no longer sweetly tells me “Good night. Sleep tight. Don’t let the bedbugs bite.” She now rushes me off to bed with a run-on sentence.

1 Like

Several comments on the Alexa forum about built in routines having the same issue. I have many Alex routines, however they are all very short with no punctuation so I didn't notice it

1 Like

Ugh, I hate how I don't receive notifications from discourse for this site.

So I am trying to move some of my announcement functionality from RM/notifications to ES. Created a simple door open announcement and I only want it announcing once per 2 minutes or so, but ES does not seem to adhere to the "Wait between each report (in seconds)" requirement that i have set.
Anyone have this issue, or a fix?

can you share your action config so I can attempt to duplicate the issue?

Just to confirm which topic are you referring to with this request? :slight_smile:

Yes, Here it is. Let me know if you need any other details. Thanks tonesto!

1 Like

Same for me, similar thing reported couple days ago

1 Like