[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

How do I authorize Sirius XM as my Select Music Provider?

I have enabled the Sirius XM skill in Alex and am able to use it directly through Alexa, but receive no results (error message "searchMusic not supported for null") when attempting to use it in Echo Speaks.
Any ideas or direction appreciated.

I was trying to use Actions to set the volume levels on my various Echo Dots around the house. I looked at the logs tonight and saw something odd...

First time I've ever seen something referred to as a write-only property!

But here are my Echo Speaks Actions items:

And an example of one of those Actions:

Any ideas?

I would expect this action will run every 3600 sec.
But it runs every time motion is triggered.
What I'm doing wrong?

Can't thank you enough for this. Installation was a breeze, easy to follow and fast!

It works absolutely amazing. Thanks for taking the time to do this, been on my wish list for years!

1 Like

Absolutely!! I've been running an older version for a while now (last updated in December) and its been working fine for me. I took the plunge this afternoon to upgrade all the components to their latest versions and all good!!

1 Like

i need to test this on my side and see if i can duplicate it.

1 Like

Is it possible to trigger an event based on a certain Echo receiving a voice command.

For example, if Echo in kitchen receives a command and the kitchen lights are off, turn them on.

Also, is it possible to parse the text of a voice command received by an Echo to trigger events?

Brilliant plugin by the way!

Thanks.

Is there a function to flush last status of audioTrackData? I have a now playing tile pulling through Echo Speaks into SharpTools.io that works great, however once the song finishes the track data is stored until the next track is played. Nothing urgent, just wondered if there's a way I can set it to flush that data either when a song stops or maybe every 5 minutes.

The sharptools dashboard is on an echo tablet on the living room wall hence wanting this to reset after a little while / when a song stops :slight_smile:

Absolutely fantastic work on this!!

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing this error in my logs every 5 minutes or so. Anyone else encountered this? Anyone know the cause or resolution?

2020-05-16 12:40:24.677 [error] EchoApp (v3.6.2.0) | processFirebaseResponse: 'Bad Request': 400

Anyone notice lately that spoken messages that have periods or commas in them now seem to run together?

Started noticing it last week IIRC

Yeah I have noticed that, TTS isn't seeming to pause on punctuation.

@toy4rick, @cjkeenan I noticed that this morning and found if you replace single commas and periods with three commas, it sounds more natural. Not ideal, but works for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a go

I've noticed the same - no more long pauses... but haven't been able to find a way to make it pause as much as I'd like... The three commas do make a difference, but I'm looking for a long pause... :frowning:

Yes, I have also noticed this and I even tried 5 commas but that did not seem to make a big difference.

@stephen_nutt did you ever get this to work? I would also like to get some of the Echo Speaks attributes to pass through HC from ST.

I did. I used the HubConnect Speaker Driver, renamed it to preserve original, then added the extra attributes. It usually take 30-45 seconds after new song starts to update info though.

1 Like

Thanks!

So am I correct in assuming that you do not use it as a TTS device, just a music player?

Full disclosure, I use Node Red now for automations so don't use RM but the Speaker Driver has commands for Play Text, Play Text & Restore, and Play Text & Resume so it should be able to play music and act as a TTS.

Ok, I was able to pull some of the information that I was looking for, but the delay that you mentioned may foil my plans. Thanks for your help, anyway. I learned something new today!