[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Sorry if this has been asked before, can you get an echo device to play either a local mp3 file or a web based file? If so how do you go about this?

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I am sorry I missed it earlier. It says it doesn't work for Echos on ST thru HC to HE because of the number of attributes added but I don't need all of the ones that it adds. I wonder if I could just cut some of the unwanted attributes out of the code and then use. I will take a look. Thanks again.

You're right, I see that. But it also seems to say that it doesn't work the other way for HE hosted Echo speaks to ST. So maybe it's built just for people with multiple HE hubs.

But yes, you may be able to trim some of the attributes and commands to make it work for your use-case.

Release v3.6.2.0 (April 22nd, 2020)

Main App (v3.6.2.0)

• ADDED: More Device Identifier
  • ADDED: Amazon.fr locale support (@Adrew)
  • UPDATED: Cleaned up some of the location events to stop spamming the mobile app events.

Action App (v3.6.2.0)

• FIXED: Minor bugs squashed.
  • ADDED: Support for Change in btDevicesPaired attribute.
  • ADDED: New repeat count setting to limit repeat until actions.
  • UPDATED: Cleaned up some of the location events to stop spamming the mobile app events.

Zone App (v3.6.2.0)

• UPDATED: Cleaned up some of the location events to stop spamming the mobile app events
  • FIXED: Minor bugs squashed.

Echo Device (v3.6.2.0)

• FIXED: alexaPlaylists, btDevicesPaired attributes to return valid JSON data now (#279).
  • ADDED: deviceSerial attribute included now for devs to access the info (#268).
2 Likes

@tonesto7, Shouldn't the date be April 22, 2020? Also, the Action App version in the release notes is v3.6.1.0, but it should be v3.6.2.0.

1 Like

Can i ask how you created a US account?

When i go to make a account it goes to Amazon AU and then the sign up page is the same if i get rid of .au in the URL.

Try here
I created it ages ago - i think even b4 amazon was in australia.
My problem is tho, all my devices are in my asutralian account, and cant have them on both.
To change to the US account, it resets them...Plus, there is a few australian specific skills you cant get on on the US store

Well.
I was hoping to just move my Alexa over to a US account and us it that way. I dont really use many Alexa skills if im being honest. Only weather on morning alarm and my Lifx intergration, but that will be through the Hubitat if i get it working right.
Do you think i should use a VPN?

That should be fine, as weather info is from your location inside alexa - Which can be an aussie address.
Not sure if Lifx will work, as i don't use them - Can only try!!

The only issue i had, using the US account is that child/kid's skills need credit card verification do d/l and you cant use a local c/c!

Thanks, I corrected it!

1 Like

Would be nice to hear from you about Australia support.
Do you plan on fixing the log in issue or nah?

Thanks again for the great app and for the JSON data fix.

1 Like

Looking for a bit of assistance here-
I've been using the echo speaks skill and it's made my life so much easier, but I can't find an option to add a button as a trigger. It simply doesn't appear in the list. Thanks in advance!

It's not there. @tonesto7 added it at one point but had to retract it (search this topic for "button").

The workaround is easy. It just creates some clutter in your device list.

Create a virtual switch. When button pushed, turn virtual switch on. Trigger Echo Speaks on that virtual switch coming on. In addition to making the announcement, have an action in Echo Speaks to turn off the virtual switch.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for the help!

Any plans to include this in the new package manager tool?

1 Like

I don't see why I couldn't. I have to assume it uses manifests like my community installer does on ST.
I will look into it

2 Likes

@tonesto7, Thank you for creating this. This has been one feature I have been wanting to add since I migrated from smartthings. I am following the Hubitat install instructions and I have to admit, I like that you included the import link instead of having to copy 5000+ lines of code. When I get to section 10 and click on Device Manual Install, I am getting error 404 page not found.

@tonesto7, Did you evaluate using "Hubitat Package Manager", i am using it to install software from different developers and works great!

@tonesto When I have the opportunity to select a TTS notification device I can choose "Speak Via: (Speech Synthesis)" or "Speak Via: (Music Player - TTS).

Both of these options have all of my Echo's in them. However, if I choose (Speech Synthesis) I don't get anything. I must choose Music Player.

Perhaps some additional software is required for Speech Synthesis. But it seems like the Echo's should not appear in this list as they do not appear to work.

Just FYI.