[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

@greglsh @Sebastien @toy4rick @bjcowles Is the issue with the pausing due to the implementation of Echo Speaks, or is it just an issue with Echo devices you think, or is it something else entirely?

It must be an Amazon problem. The same thing has happened with native Alexa routines.

2 Likes

Was going to say I don't think it is with Echo speaks as nothing has changed there as far as I know.

2 Likes

I concur. My Alexa goodnight routine (having nothing to do with Hubitat) no longer sweetly tells me β€œGood night. Sleep tight. Don’t let the bedbugs bite.” She now rushes me off to bed with a run-on sentence.

1 Like

Several comments on the Alexa forum about built in routines having the same issue. I have many Alex routines, however they are all very short with no punctuation so I didn't notice it

1 Like

Ugh, I hate how I don't receive notifications from discourse for this site.

So I am trying to move some of my announcement functionality from RM/notifications to ES. Created a simple door open announcement and I only want it announcing once per 2 minutes or so, but ES does not seem to adhere to the "Wait between each report (in seconds)" requirement that i have set.
Anyone have this issue, or a fix?

can you share your action config so I can attempt to duplicate the issue?

Just to confirm which topic are you referring to with this request? :slight_smile:

Yes, Here it is. Let me know if you need any other details. Thanks tonesto!

1 Like

Same for me, similar thing reported couple days ago

1 Like

Why not use Hubitats notification app?

I always have, but I like the concept of using an announcement that is synchronized for door open events. I have some use for modifying Alexa's voice with ES. Also more customizability and zones.
ES also seems to be a bit faster to react to events.
Lots of reasons.

1 Like

I didnt see this mentioned any where and not sure it can be done given most of what I see is tell an echo what to do not monitoring its status. I would like to have a now playing view that reports what is being played on a device

does this exist is it possible?

You should be able to pull artist, song title, etc when it's playing music. I have Echo Speaks on my ST hub and then sync it with HE thru HubConnect so my setup is a little different than yours but there should be Attributes available from Echo Speaks like Artist, Song Title, and even Album Art. Play music thru one of your devices and open the device page for your Echo device. It should show something similar to this if it 's available.

Someone with Echo Speaks installed on HE will have to confirm that I am correct for Echo Speaks installed on HE. I could be wrong.

That is correct, it will show on the right hand side within the device in HE image

You may then run into the problem I have currently which is that echospeaks doesn't have an ability to flush the now playing data when a track finishes, so if you have this data pulled into a dashboards like Sharptools it works great and shows the details but when the song finishes it stays there showing the details for that song for quite a while where I#m trying to find a way to flush that data out after a song finishes

ok did a quick test with a tile displaying attributes now I'm going to have to learn tile master or another tool :slight_smile:

I use SharpTools.io for my dashboard, really nice interface.

I had the same problem that it would take at least 30 seconds if not longer to update after a new song started playing. I couldn't figure out a way to fix.

ah see mine updates in about 4 seconds if a new song starts, my issue is if you stop the music that last song metadata stays in there for hours before clearing itself. so my tablet dashboard shows the last track played for ages.