[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Does anyone know if you can have Echo Speaks running on a Hubitat hub and also a Smartthings hub and allow both hubs to interact with the Echo's?

Well I guess I am going to answer my question with a Yes. Echo Speaks works with Hubitat and Smartthings at the same time. I just installed it on ST and I can send speech to my Echo's from both platforms.

the answer is definitely yes

I have kept my SmartThings hub for this reason, and zigbee firmware updates. Works great using HubConnect. I just wish there was a HubConnect driver with more integration than the speech synthesis stub driver. I tried adding more capabilities to it, but Iā€™m not a programmer and havenā€™t had enough time to figure out how.

1 Like

@tonesto7
Any suggestions to this issue I am seeing?

I use the HubConnect Speaker Driver instead of Speech Synthesis driver. I realized that the Speaker driver was missing some information about songs that are available in ST but were not making it to HE. I just saved the HubConnect Speaker Driver as HubConnect Speaker Driver Addl Attributes and added following at the beginning of code:

attribute "currentAlbum", "string"
	attribute "currentStation", "string"
	attribute "mediaSource", "string"
	attribute "trackImage", "string"
	attribute "trackImageHTML", "string"
	attribute "version", "string"

I am no programmer either.

If you have upgraded to HubConnect v2, it has a Driver Builder but I didn't use it.

Hello,
I think that this release has alot of potential and i would love to be able to use it. However, no amtter what i do, how many times i retry stuff or how many different options i select i can not log in to 'Echo Speaks Service' through the 'Go To Login' button. I follow the prompts and keep on being spit out on the other side on the exact same page i started on. It dosent come up with 'Authentication Good', ever. This is the second night iv spent trying to get this to work. And the first time was about 3 months ago. I was hopting something would have been chnaged or updated. I am selecting all the correct information.
My URL is set to amazon.com.au and iv even tried on the .com. I come from Australia and so i believe its got something to do with location settings or configuration around that. If you could pleaseeee help it would mean the world.

https://gyazo.com/cd6153bbbe612b71d7e29f4b34c0ab87

Thanks, Josh.

I know this doesnt help you, but i also believe it could be an australian account login issue, as i experienced the exact same issues when i tried this app!
Could not get it to save login info, no matter what i did

Have you been able to fix it or are you still living with out Echo Speak?

Going without atm!

It doesn't work with Australian accounts.

I just created a US Amazon account to use, and logs in perfectly!

@tonesto7 - Not sure if your able to check why the australian login page is any different??
Can confirm i have this working with a US account, but as soon as i use my AUS account, it doesnt stay logged in....

1 Like

@stephen_nutt
I haven't tested this because I have Echo Speaks running on both HE and ST right now, but I've seen this out there. He has one for Echo Speaks devices that looks like it will open up most of the commands.

3 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked before, can you get an echo device to play either a local mp3 file or a web based file? If so how do you go about this?

Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I am sorry I missed it earlier. It says it doesn't work for Echos on ST thru HC to HE because of the number of attributes added but I don't need all of the ones that it adds. I wonder if I could just cut some of the unwanted attributes out of the code and then use. I will take a look. Thanks again.

You're right, I see that. But it also seems to say that it doesn't work the other way for HE hosted Echo speaks to ST. So maybe it's built just for people with multiple HE hubs.

But yes, you may be able to trim some of the attributes and commands to make it work for your use-case.

Release v3.6.2.0 (April 22nd, 2020)

Main App (v3.6.2.0)

• ADDED: More Device Identifier
  • ADDED: Amazon.fr locale support (@Adrew)
  • UPDATED: Cleaned up some of the location events to stop spamming the mobile app events.

Action App (v3.6.2.0)

• FIXED: Minor bugs squashed.
  • ADDED: Support for Change in btDevicesPaired attribute.
  • ADDED: New repeat count setting to limit repeat until actions.
  • UPDATED: Cleaned up some of the location events to stop spamming the mobile app events.

Zone App (v3.6.2.0)

• UPDATED: Cleaned up some of the location events to stop spamming the mobile app events
  • FIXED: Minor bugs squashed.

Echo Device (v3.6.2.0)

• FIXED: alexaPlaylists, btDevicesPaired attributes to return valid JSON data now (#279).
  • ADDED: deviceSerial attribute included now for devs to access the info (#268).
2 Likes

@tonesto7, Shouldn't the date be April 22, 2020? Also, the Action App version in the release notes is v3.6.1.0, but it should be v3.6.2.0.

1 Like

Can i ask how you created a US account?

When i go to make a account it goes to Amazon AU and then the sign up page is the same if i get rid of .au in the URL.

Try here
I created it ages ago - i think even b4 amazon was in australia.
My problem is tho, all my devices are in my asutralian account, and cant have them on both.
To change to the US account, it resets them...Plus, there is a few australian specific skills you cant get on on the US store

Well.
I was hoping to just move my Alexa over to a US account and us it that way. I dont really use many Alexa skills if im being honest. Only weather on morning alarm and my Lifx intergration, but that will be through the Hubitat if i get it working right.
Do you think i should use a VPN?