[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Manually wake up your heroku server..
By browsing to it's login or config URL.

Just went to both my HE and ST heroku servers, logged in and opened the apps on the server. Still getting the same log entry every 5 mins.

i had the same error until i updated the server to 2.4.1

I didn't even notice there was a server update available. Just did this on both and seems to have fixed me up. Thanks!

Hi @tonesto7 ,
sorry if this has already been asked, but is there anyway to ask an echo to start listening, or wake up via command?

I have been seeing this error about a missing Cookie or CSRF for quite some time. Before there was also an error about having to log back in. Currently, the error shows up every 5 mins for app #834 (Echo Speaks). All apps, device, WS, and Server have been updated. I went through the Server Update twice, have re-entered Amazon login info.

Yet, per the Echo Speaks app page, the Cookies and CSRF are checked. How do I get rid of this??

I apologize for being so silent lately. As you can imagine times are tough right now.
Between working from home and my kids being here all day it’s hard to focus on any of my Home Automation stuff.
Say please bear with me if you don’t receive any response for awhile.

10 Likes

You will get to anything when you are able. Many thanks.

Also got the Login error this morning:

I am with you brother! I can’t get anything done, then have to work in the ICU all weekend.

All ES apps are current, this just popped up, no changes to anything in a few weeks

Anyone seeing this?

Just installed and got it working. Great documentation! Thanks for the app :+1:

No errors here, but I did not turn any additional logging on.

EDIT: First rule a success with +WAF (our Echo's a lush!) :joy:

Works great. However there is a delay from when my Echo 3rd gen and Echo 2nd gen say the message, is that just a cloud thing, or can it be fixed?

Where can I dowload the latest version? Thanks.

Steve G.

I see that the notes for Actions App (v3.2.0.2) says that Button trigger events were added. However, I can't seem to find them. In the Select Trigger Event(s) there is not an option for button events.
Echo Speaks v3.6.1.1
Actions v3.6.1.0

There is a chance that I am blind...

See post 316 in this thread [RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

1 Like

Thanks! My searching did not turn that up for me.

1 Like

Does anyone know if you can have Echo Speaks running on a Hubitat hub and also a Smartthings hub and allow both hubs to interact with the Echo's?

Well I guess I am going to answer my question with a Yes. Echo Speaks works with Hubitat and Smartthings at the same time. I just installed it on ST and I can send speech to my Echo's from both platforms.

the answer is definitely yes

I have kept my SmartThings hub for this reason, and zigbee firmware updates. Works great using HubConnect. I just wish there was a HubConnect driver with more integration than the speech synthesis stub driver. I tried adding more capabilities to it, but I’m not a programmer and haven’t had enough time to figure out how.

1 Like