[RELEASE] Echo Speaks v3 + Actions

Since last update the Echo Speaks lost the auth token every 1-2 days and I need to reauthenticate.

Someone more faced it?

I would also like the response to go back to the device it was asked from!

Release v3.6.1.1 (March 11th, 2020)

Main App (v3.6.1.1)

• FIXED: Scenario where cookie auth failed and server wakeup request was still being sent every 5 minutes.
  • UPDATED: Gave the diagnostics web interface a facelift and made it easy to get the External Url while using the new ST app.

Server (v2.4.1)

• FIXED: Cookies were being cleared by the server for UK users on startup after v2.4.0 upgrade.
Server Update Notice:

Thanks to the @zarthan for pointing to an app that will allow you to add auto-updates to the server without having to add me as a collaborator.
The Github app is called Pull

I added some basic steps to the documentation here:
https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/updates/server_update/#automated_method

3 Likes

So does that make me a co-creator of the ES app? :wink:

Anyone else getting repeat announcements with the latest (and previous) version? I have a rule that announces when a lock is unlocked and I get repeats on several of my Echo devices.

I have looked all over to find a way to do this, but have not succeeded. Can anyone show me how to get Echo Speaks to play a sound (like a chime or a beep)?

https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/devicesupport/commands/speech_commands/#playsoundbynamename
Please note that when initially launched you could use most of files that start with amzn_sfx_ but they seem to have been restricting them down to only the sounds supported by Alexa Routines

I tried writing a test rule:

Then ran it and got this error message:

Any advice?

Thanks...

Any help appreciated, @tonesto7.

Unfortunately you can't play every sound in the effects library.

I would be happy if I could play any sound in the library, @tonesto7.

I just tried the ‘Ticking clock’ sound that Alexa’s have in their routines and got this.

What am I doing wrong?

maybe it's the capital T

send it as playSoundByName("ticking_clock")

Tried what you recommended. Didn’t work. Here it is:

Please keep trying to help, @tonesto7.

This would be really neat if it worked...

Don

Playing sound by name works for me.

Try using bells

I must be doing something fundamentally wrong. Whether I enter the string “bells” directly into the tile in the driver or include it in an action, no sound. Here is what I did:

Hoping someone can help me figure this out...

OK, figured it out.

• only use sounds used in Alexa ‘routines’ (there are about 30)
  • do not put that sound name in quotes
  • do not capitalize the name
  • do not prefix the name with amzn_sfx
  • if a multi word name, use underscore, not space
  • additional two integer volume fields are optional
  • volume fields add the standard Alexa acknowledgement tone

Works great!

2 Likes

Getting the following errors which is slowing my hub:

Please what does it mean and how do I fix it?

Thanks

@tonesto7, I'm getting repeat notifications on multiple Echo devices when my rule announces my lock being unlocked via code. This started happening 2 versions ago. Any ideas?

I receiving the same error. It started appearing a few days ago.