[Release] Device Data Item Display

OOOps sorry Bryan-

@thebearmay sorry I should have tagged yourself above...

No worries. What you’re asking for could be done, but the app would have to be targeted for one device at a time. Travelling at the moment, but could look more into this next week.

2 Likes

Haven't forgotten about this request. Take a look at:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/apps/devDataEdit.groovy

and see if it's close to what you had in mind.

1 Like

Nice .. very close.. although I couldn’t get it to actually update the device data - maybe because I’m on an iPad …. but will try again tomorrow from my PC

I see the issue…

1 Like

Should be fixed if you re-pull the code.

1 Like

I tried it with a new code and things seem to work fine except that the Device Data Display app doesn't seem to see the new Note I added.

Hmmm, might be a timing issue with entry field - had the same issue with the Custom Note app (actually using the same code). I'll take a look to see if I can tighten things up a little.

Thanks, I checked again this morning and the new note stuff I added is still missing from the Device Data Display app. Was thinking it might fill in at some point, but I guess not.

Does it show one the device page itself?

Yes it still shows on the device page as it did last night.

Did you select it as a reportable item?

Dang it, been awhile since I set this stuff up so I totally forgot about that part of the process. Thanks for the reminder.

Hmmm... Maybe there's a place for a reminder in the other apps where you can create new notes to remind people to make any new fields they add reportable.

And now we're good...

1 Like

LOL, only reason I remembered is that I went out to look at the source code to see if I had put any hidden filters in and saw it.

1 Like

Just spitballin'...

1 Like

Sorry - got distracted with testing but this is now working very nicely thankyou

1 Like

Ahh - it seems I can't remove a value once set in a data field - i.e. an empty data value field. This maybe an HE restriction?

Also as a feature suggestion it would be useful to be able to create a data item within the app or indeed delete an existing one within the selected device

I can add the Remove option. Use the Custom Device Note for now, it has a remove option. The Device Data Edit app does have the ability to add a new item though.

Edit: v0.0.3 of the app now allows removal of a data item

1 Like

Is that the 'Add New Data Note' option - I must try it again then.
Sorry yes - I must have done things in the wrong order before ... works fine

Getting this today when I try to open the app...ran a repair from HPM and didn't help. Nothing in the logs other than the HPM repair completing successfully.

Going to uninstall and re-install and see if that helps...