[Release] Device Data Item Display

Getting the same thing here.

1 Like

HPM is unable to find the app when I try to reinstall...searched in HPM for Device Data Display and Data Display. Oops...forgot that it's in HPM under Device Data Item Display but installs by default as Device Data Display... :slight_smile: Something that might be good to align at some point. :slight_smile:

Same error after re-installing.

This is now officially above my pay grade. :wink:

1 Like

same... tagging @thebearmay

1 Like

What, you mean my whiny/whingy voice doesn't auto-tag him?! :wink:

1 Like

Could this be the same issue with nested sections that is being discussed on the influx db logger topic?

It does look like the original driver linked contains them.

2 Likes

Fixed in 1.3.3. Suspect that Iā€™m going to have do the same fix across multiple apps as my default template used embedded sections

6 Likes

Thanks for the update, Bear, and thanks, @sburke781 for the help w/the sleuthing.

I will take credit for waking up this morning and having a nice day. :wink:

Boo-yah!

4 Likes

I have everything working except the tile. I'm not seeing an html attribute. What am I overlooking? The screen capture is not showing the attribute dropdown.
Choices are:
HSM Status
Mode Status
Last Updated

I made some changes for another app that uses the same driver as output and it broke this one -fixed now. If you used HPM do a repair on the app (or re-import the device driver), and then go to the display page, turn off the device creation, and turn it back on.

Just confirming you're referring to this option. If I haven't used it yet I assume I don't need to turn it on/off/on, correct?

That's the one, and if you haven't used it, then no need to run the drill. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks! Unfortunately (for you) your quick response emboldens me to ask another question. :wink:

Regarding another of your (amazing) apps, Device Data Edit, I noticed something this AM I wanted to ask you about. Hopefully we haven't already discussed it...

For the Manufacturer one of my devices shows this in DevDataEdit:

But this in the Data section of the device page:

Confirmed this for two different GE outlets.

Is this just that the app is looking at a different field/value than the device page, or ?

Didn't want to update things if it's going to change something that I'd want to see/confirm later. I know I can use Custom Device Note to update one field at a time, but wanted to ask about this issue as it's nice to see the existing data in DevDataEdit when you're making a change.

Thanks!

If you haven't already, can you pull down:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/apps/deviceCharacteristics.groovy

Select your device, then go to Device Characteristics, and click on Properties Details and see if there are 2 entries for manufacturer (yes it's largely unformatted, but it's good at letting peek under the covers :sunglasses: )

1 Like

Cool - I see it's true what everyone is saying, you have the best toys. :smiley: :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting - the Manufacturer info appears to be coming from a Tuya device. The info is not in the plug device:

There are two instances of this string, only in the Tuya leak sensors.

The Couch plug doesn't include this info in the "Data" section (which shows the "57" manufacturer) or any other section:

Seems like something is getting cached in the dispaly of the Manufacturer device data from a previous device I may have looked at? As far as I can see, everything else for the plug is correct in Device Data Edit fields, Just "manufacturer" is wrong, borrowed from the Tuya devices.

One of the Tuyas - both have the same manuf:

Thanks, that's got it working. Is there an edit I can make to the app code to left align the output text?

I fixed some things that may have been the issue (they were definitely not doing what I wanted, but may or may not fix what you were seeing). Will push it up shortly.

1 Like

In the dashboard CSS add:

.devDataDisp{ text-align:left }
1 Like

Imported the udpated version from your github (14Oct2022) and it appears to have fixed the problem w/refreshing data when I change devices. I looked at three different devices and it updated properly. Then looked at a few similar devices, and also updated as expected.

Excellent. As usual. :smiley:

I won't do anything w/it until you confirm that version (pulled at 3:10-ish PM PST) was an OK for production release. :slight_smile:

That's the version, just need to let HPM know about it.

1 Like