[Release] Device Data Item Display

@thebearmay you are truly amazing. Loaded your html tile and it works great (and I love how it is now ordered alphanumerically by device label rather than by Device ID number). Thank you so much for your contributions. Incredible!

1 Like

Hey @thebearmay , sorry to bother you again but I used your latest update to the Device Data Item Display and successfully created a child device using the slide switch you added (thank you BTW for your incredible response in getting this out)! My list comes out organized alphanumerically (thank you!) and shows up as part of the child device attributes as html. I finally got around to actually trying to place this child device as a tile in a dashboard this morning. However, when I select the child device in the dashboard, click on attributes and select html in the attributes list, my dashboard tile only displays “please select an attribute” although html is already selected. Hopefully this is just something simple that I am missing as a noob. As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

I'm guessing that you've exceeded 1024 character limit to display on a tile. I could add a few more attributes to the tile device, and split near the 1024 into a second/third attribute if you like. You'd need multiple tiles, but would only need one tile device that way.

Edit: Pushed up a version that should allow up to 10 html attributes, automatically split before the 1024 character limit. (Not where I can test for another few hours, but think I have it correct if you want to pull it down.)

3 Likes

Again, thanks so much. I’m also not where I can check this out but will when I get back from work this evening. Good stuff.

Curious if any of these changes will percolate back to the display in the app itself? Or will display order continue to be based on device ID?

Would be nice if the app also listed devices in alpha order as well... :slight_smile:

Display portion should also be alpha…

1 Like

Hi @thebearmay , almost there!

Did a HPM repair and I think your recent push uploaded properly since my Child Device Events log shows that the info from the Device Data Item Display App was indeed parsed using the character limit, dividing up the data by “html”, “html1+1” , “html2+1” , “html3+1” etc. and all the data is there in the Device Events. However, the attributes for this device only show the “html” attribute. I cannot seem to access each of the various html variants as only the “html” shows up under Current State, and so only “html” (along with HSM Status, Last Updated and Mode Status for whatever reason) shows up as a choice in the drop down menu when selecting which attribute to show in the tile to be added to the dashboard.

At least since the data is parsed now to accommodate the character limit for a tile, I can at least get some of the data to show up on my dashboard.

Any ideas on how to get the other html attributes (i.e., html1+1, html2+1 etc) to show up as attribute types?

All your work is greatly appreciated and I know some others are also very curious as to how to get this working as I have been pm’d about how I was able to get my BatteryType and BatteryDate on a list. I of course gave you ALL the credit and props for your great (and incredibly quick and amazingly responsive) work on this. I honestly don’t know how you do this, but THANK YOU!

1 Like

Do a repair on the app source, line 183 should read:

chd.sendEvent(name:"html${i+1}",value:html[i].toString())
1 Like

Can’t say it enough. You are amazing!
Went to the App Code and typed in the change manually, saved and everything works! Devices are listed alphanumerically with all attributes properly showing the data (BatteryType and BatteryDate in my use case). Fantastic.

2 Likes

@thebearmay I know you have been busy (been seeing you addressing other issues for the community just in the last hour) but . . .
would it be possible to allow setting up of multiple instances of the child device, or multiple instances of the app to facilitate more flexibility in how we organize multiple dashboard tiles? (I know I have probably used up most of my @thebearmay credits this week, lol).

1 Like

Done. :sunglasses: Just need to give the app a slightly different name when you set it up.

Give the app a slightly different name or the child devices? I could not find a way to alter the app name. That being said, I was able to get multiple instances of the app loaded and just assigned a different name to the child devices for each. The only minor “problem” is that on my App List, I cannot tell the differences between the apps unless I open each to see which devices are in the Selection Criteria since all the app names are the same. However, no biggie as this is easy to do. At any rate, all is working and I was able to get my dashboard much better organized. Thank you so much.

Should be at the bottom of the app:

1 Like

Yup...

I'm very confused, how did @moh accomplish this w/out the slightest amount of whining. :wink:

Very useful updates, @thebearmay, as usual, your stuff is top-notch! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Caught me at a weak moment I guess. :rofl:

3 Likes

Slaps own forehead several times :tipping_hand_man: :man_facepalming: :tipping_hand_man: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

I need to do this stuff on a bigger screen, lol. @thebearmay great work as always! Thanks.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I've been looking for to see quickly what firmware version every device has installed. Quick question, how do I make it show the device information? Look Zooz Zen30? I can make it show device type and manufacturer, but it just shows as a number in the display.

If the firmware appears as an item under the Data Section or as an Attribute on the device tab you should be able to select it by expand the Selection Criteria block

@bptworld
Bryan, I was wondering if you’d given this enhancement request any further consideration? It’s something that would be most useful to my MQTT app users as well as for a few other apps I’m sure.

I do have an data element editor within my app but it’s purposefully restricted to just child devices of my app and I’m sure you could do a much better job that was useful for all devices..

@kevin, sorry this isn't my app