[Release] Device Data Item Display

Yup...

I'm very confused, how did @moh accomplish this w/out the slightest amount of whining. :wink:

Very useful updates, @thebearmay, as usual, your stuff is top-notch! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Caught me at a weak moment I guess. :rofl:

3 Likes

Slaps own forehead several times :tipping_hand_man: :man_facepalming: :tipping_hand_man: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

I need to do this stuff on a bigger screen, lol. @thebearmay great work as always! Thanks.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I've been looking for to see quickly what firmware version every device has installed. Quick question, how do I make it show the device information? Look Zooz Zen30? I can make it show device type and manufacturer, but it just shows as a number in the display.

If the firmware appears as an item under the Data Section or as an Attribute on the device tab you should be able to select it by expand the Selection Criteria block

@bptworld
Bryan, I was wondering if you’d given this enhancement request any further consideration? It’s something that would be most useful to my MQTT app users as well as for a few other apps I’m sure.

I do have an data element editor within my app but it’s purposefully restricted to just child devices of my app and I’m sure you could do a much better job that was useful for all devices..

@kevin, sorry this isn't my app

OOOps sorry Bryan-

@thebearmay sorry I should have tagged yourself above...

No worries. What you’re asking for could be done, but the app would have to be targeted for one device at a time. Travelling at the moment, but could look more into this next week.

2 Likes

Haven't forgotten about this request. Take a look at:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thebearmay/hubitat/main/apps/devDataEdit.groovy

and see if it's close to what you had in mind.

1 Like

Nice .. very close.. although I couldn’t get it to actually update the device data - maybe because I’m on an iPad …. but will try again tomorrow from my PC

I see the issue…

1 Like

Should be fixed if you re-pull the code.

1 Like

I tried it with a new code and things seem to work fine except that the Device Data Display app doesn't seem to see the new Note I added.

Hmmm, might be a timing issue with entry field - had the same issue with the Custom Note app (actually using the same code). I'll take a look to see if I can tighten things up a little.

Thanks, I checked again this morning and the new note stuff I added is still missing from the Device Data Display app. Was thinking it might fill in at some point, but I guess not.

Does it show one the device page itself?

Yes it still shows on the device page as it did last night.

Did you select it as a reportable item?

Dang it, been awhile since I set this stuff up so I totally forgot about that part of the process. Thanks for the reminder.

Hmmm... Maybe there's a place for a reminder in the other apps where you can create new notes to remind people to make any new fields they add reportable.

And now we're good...

1 Like