Introducing 'Chromecast Helper'
Simple way to help keep your Google/Nest devices alive.
With Firmware release 126.96.36.199, Chromecast Integration now includes a setting to enable connection keep-alive through device polling. Making this app no longer needed.
I've been using this method with my 'Follow Me' app for a long time. Since a lot of people don't want/need a full speaker proxy, I made this small app to do the same thing. Hope it helps!
- Choose your Google/Nest speakers
- Set how often to initialize (every 4 minutes is recommended)
- Does not interrupt what the speaker is doing
Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using Bundle Manager.
When reporting problems...
- Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
- Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
- Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.