[RELEASE] Aqara FP1 Human Presence Sensor (RTCZCGQ11LM)

I got a couple of new FP1s and tried one of them – same thing: it pairs, and after the second pairing, it is stuck in "active" and "offline" forever.

I am very hesitant to remove it, as I think I know what's going to happen :sob:

I think by now, it's fair to say the existing FP1s are sunk cost, and we should just move on to Limptech.

Are you on a C8? I finally gave up on Zigbee on the C8 and set up a mesh with my C7 to handle Zigbee. The FP1s paired fine on the C7.

Having said that, I'm a big fan of the Linptech presence sensors--overall a much smoother experience than the Aqara ones.

Yup, on C8.

I do have a C7 laying around. I might very well try it! Thanks for the pointer!

mine stopped working and i cannot get the blue light to come on even when holding 5 secs.. is it fubared.

any recommended mm motion that work withp the c8 and have usb power

2 Likes

Believe it or not i did eventually did get it to re-pair with the c8 pro . Had to delete the device. Reboot the hub and pair without 3.0 extenders. Also had to pair right next to hub. Seems to be working. Weird i couldnt get the blue pairing light to flash the first time. Had to hold the button like 2 minutes.

1 Like

Lucky you :smile:

I think i caused it somehow to go silent . Its on top.of an ups that i was mucking with the tplink wifi bridge to give me connectivity to the ups and the last event was when i was doing that but i never unplugged it not sure what hapoenned.

Do you mean that you simply selected the option "try to pair avoiding Zigbee 3.0 routers", or did you physically power off the nearby 3.0 mains-powered devices?

Just the.option

1 Like

bug in driver?

ya giving up on this.. seems to work for awhile. reports everythign, then just. reports temp andtnever reports motion..

1 Like

Sad day just tosssed it in the trash...it had been working well for over a yr but there are limits to how many hours i wil spend working on a device when every few days it partially drops of the mesh. Ie starts only reporting temps and no motion.

that's to bad.
abit of a long shot but but were you using the stock power adaptor that came with the FP1 correct?
If so you could also have tried a different power adaptor.
I am running 10 FP1's so far all are working fine. (some I had to move them to better locations).

But on some other zigbee devices that I converted from battery to usb they were very sensitive to voltage amount. Most battery devices are around 3 volts but usb is 5 volts. If I adjusted the voltage or even just changed adaptor then they wouuld work fine.
Yes the FP1's are already usb but possibliy the plug adaptor is causing issues.

I tried 2 other adapters

and the fact that it would work for awhile sensing motion fine.. then suddenly only report temp.. leads me to believe it wasnt the adapter..

i saved my magnetic mount at least from the fp1. and retro fitted it to the new sensor..

1 Like

unfort. new sensor going back to amazon as well.. it reports a bogus lux report of 1 lux. (nothing higher) every 5 secs... it was supposed to be a NON chatty sensor,, but not for me..

There are fewer-chatty mmWave sensors; I am not aware of any non-chatty ones...

BTW, this Tuya sensor works very well via Tuya Matter Bridge. No illuminance reports, just motion active/inactive. All complex configurations are done in Tuya Smart Life app. The spammy messages also stay inside the Tuya Zigbee network.

well the fp1 when it was working only reported motion when there was .. no other bogus reports..

but they seem unreliable from what i am reading with c8s

also i dont want another device (ie matter bridge) in my configuration unfortunately... trying the liptec next .. if too chatty will send that back too.. so you have nothing to recommend in mmwave devices direct to hubitat that dont overly report.