[RE-RELEASE] EcoWitt and Wittboy Weather Stations And Sensors (Local)

:man_facepalming:t2: - I forgot that I had renamed them and the names did not begin with "Ecowitt"

Once I selected the correct device in MakerAPI, the sensor did show up in Homebridge. However it shows up in Apple Home as a multi-sensor with Leak, Lux, Temp and Humidity! Is that why you used a virtual device?

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.

2 Likes

Thanks for your template list @kahn-hubitat, at least in terms of the id's, 10A was the only one I was missing in the master list, which I have now added. I didn't check the details of each one. There are a couple in the master list that you don't appear to have, if you are interested, mainly Soil Moisture one's I added.

Curious. the Ecowitt app has battery status on one tile . Any chance you could do something similar to integrate into dashboards?

I could probably look at something on the gateway driver to combine them into one table, but I'm sure there is likely another custom app / driver that could do it already. So it will probably be down the list for now, but not off the list, if you know what I mean.

Maybe

1 Like

That's what I was thinking of, just hadn't had a chance to look it up. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks to @kahn-hubitat I have released support for Wittboy stations, which I believe at least one or two users have purchased and were using a modified set of drivers. Hopefully now you can move on to the standard set of drivers when you want to...

3 Likes

For all those using the GW1100. My gateway stopped communicating with the hub sometime yesterday. Took me a little while to figure out what happened. The gateway spontaneously lost the endpoint it was configured to connect to.

I’ve never had that happen before; nonetheless, it is good to be aware of this possibly happening.

5 Likes

Good to know @aaiyar . Thanks for letting people know. I may at some point look at introducing some kind of notification when comm's go down....

1 Like

Rule machine.

2 Likes

Between Mirco and users like @kahn-hubitat I had a fair idea there would be something already available...:slightly_smiling_face:. I just hadn't taken the time to look...

Also that wont cover the case above where it totally goes offline so this as well...

The first rule is as implied for orphaned devices ie battery dies or for some other reason one component of the weather station stops transmitting.

2 Likes

Ecowitt Wittboy (GW2001) at Amazon for $160 on Black Friday Which seems like an okay price.

Purchased one for myself so I'll be going through this thread and setting up pretty soon! All suggestions for a smooth setup welcome.

3 Likes

Trying to figure out how to get my PWS array back. I have a wind solar sensor and an outdoor ambient. My outdoor ambient fell down/got rained on/died. So I got a new one(WH32) and rejoined it to the GW1000. All of that is working. However in this process I lost that combined PWS that the driver allows. I turned it off and back on and I can't seem to get my PWS back.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I saw some paw prints on my credit card so I suspect my dog, Spud, has just bought me an Ecowitt Wittboy for Xmas.
He is a good boy ! :grin:

5 Likes

I'll need to take a look at this over the weekend, unless anyone else can jump in to assist. Hopefully we can sort it out relatively quickly for you.

1 Like

@njanda Yeah that's the ticket! The dog bought it!

Not even when I show my wife the photographic proof does she believe me when I tell her that!

4 Likes

Did that work for homework excuse in school?

2 Likes

Thanks, no rush. Figured if it happened to me it might happen to others also. I thought turning it off and back on might reset something but it didn't.