Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

WOW!!! That made all the difference. I don’t think I’ve ever seen webcore work so fast. Thank you for your work on this app and all the help in getting it setup.

1 Like

@bobbles @mjw-tan Colors are now supported on the latest branch as of this morning so no need to use hex codes anymore once you update. If you don’t see them at first, you might need to log out and back in

2 Likes

New setup here, as far as I can tell I did things right but something is clearly off as I cannot get it to work.
Trying to run entirely local, when I visit my local apache server in a browser it redirects to /dashboard … but the page is blank, no error, just, nothing.

[EDIT] I suspect maybe the /dashboard folder from the git download is meant to be the root level of the website? I tried it and I do get a page loading, dashboard loads, seems to have no hub connected and dumps me at the register browser page.

Clicking direct to dashboard from the Hubitat app gets me a 404 error trying to load /init/[veryverylongrandomstring] … i checked the git dir sctructure and could find no /init folders anywhere. quite puzzled at this point.

Dashboard should be the root for the items to load correctly. The rewrite rules in .htcaccess are what makes /init and other subrequests work. Please be sure the rewrite module is enabled and the rules are being loaded

Is there an easy way to update?

Thanks for that tip @jp0550 … got it working … holy smokes it is quick, awesome work guys!

1 Like

massive thank you!!!

Got it setup tonight.

1 Like

Not really until the team gets the git integration into the ide. You could look at the commit changes to see which files you need to update. Usually it’s only two: webcore.groovy and webcore-piston.groovy.

1 Like

Not sure if others have noticed but the flash commands and the adjustlevel over time methods are not working due to a difference in the api between hubitat and smartthings which I reference here Command Delay I’m currently working on a fix that will let you use the native flash commands as well as the emulated ones, but it needs some more testing.

I rely on the scheduling and pauseExecution functionality in the app to get around this limitation, but I had to modify the 5 second execution check in the app which was there to keep the app from being killed while running in the smartthings space. Since we have no such runtime limitation (yes! one of the benefits of running locally) this can be increased so that commands that have delays between them like the emulated flash don’t get interrupted while they are trying to run causing some weird behavior at the end. I’m just looking out for any side effects right now on this increase.

3 Likes

I was just coming here to ask if anyone was able to use the flash command. I just moved over one of my security pistons that uses flash and noticed the bulb just stays red (no flash) the whole time. Glad to see it's already being worked on!

Has anyone noticed a correlation between running webcore webserver locally vs. from the cloud and the corrupt hubitat databases that have been occurring? I was getting the database issues like every 2 days or so for a while. I just moved webcores web server over to a local web server and my hubitat appears to be more stable since I’ve done so.

1 Like

The possibility of webcore creating recursive loops is higher than other apps, possibly, just due to the complexity of the programming. Having Hubitat become non-responsive could certainly be linked to that. The database corruption almost assuredly is due to having to hard-reset the hub. Best advice is to wait out lockups, and contact support if they persist.

Mine wasn't because of reboots. At least by me. I would come home and my hub would be throwing 500 errors. The only way to resolve the issue was to recover from backup.

How stable is your Hub? I feel like as I’ve moved over more of my pistons, that my hub has become more “problemaitic”. Reboots tend to fix it, but I dont want to reboot every day. I do not have any connector to my smartthings hub. I wanted to commit 100% to local with Hubitat. Yesterday I had an error about not being able to connect to hubitat cloud, today I had an error about zigbee being unresponsive.

I have a local webcore instance as well. When it works, its great, but I often have issues connecting. Especially with my phone. On a computer using chrome, it comes up quickly. On my phone, with either safari, or chrome, it just hangs, spinning.

So I guess my question is: For those using webcore with multiple pistons (10+), how stable is your system these days?

I’m not sure that webCore is your issue. One of the main reasons that I haven’t installed core yet is because I don’t want to add something as “heavy” as that app to my already iffy hub. A lot of people have been complaining about similar issues (some with and some without webCore installed).

I actually went as far as removing a bunch of apps including SmartTiles, a few custom drivers and automations,etc, trying to solve the intermittent slowness. Nothing has worked so far. At one point my hub exhibited the Error 500 and after 2 reboots, it reverted itself back to an older firmware backup (corrupted database apparently).

Things seemed better for a couple of days after the f/w restore but I’ve started to see delays in my automations again. Nothing too bad, but definitely not as consistent as it was before the 706 update.

Is anyone else having issues seeing webCoRE logs in live logging? I have never seen it on my hub, but all of the pistons seem to be working.

I have webCoRE loaded and I am using a RPi for my server to define/edit/delete my pistons.
For my motion based pistons I must confess I’m not finding them any quicker than when I had them on ST.
I must admit that I did have them built so that just about everything for a particular light was contained all within one piston.
I have found that if I convert them to RM, 4 to 6 rules instead of one, then they are noticeably quicker.
I have also noticed that some of my timed pistons occasionally do not run and you can see by the clock in the dashboard that the timers have passed and are counting up.
I will still use webCoRE for things that RM cannot do, but I was just wondering what other peoples experience is.

So I thought the same thing at first, but then I found that even on RM I saw some delays every so often. So I am more inclined to think its more about how these apps process rules and how I am horrible at writing them.

Had an RM rule that didn’t fire in the middle of the night when I went to the bathroom.
Also getting intermittent error code 500’s.

Has anyone run into an issue where the attributes for a device don’t show up as conditions in webcore? I have a multisensor with ID 02 that shows in the device pane with motion, temp, battery, but I only see “status” as an option to build a condition.