Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

Can you explain what you did? I have the same issue (page is loading blank). Not running a RasPi but on my Ubuntu NAS. Figure this is easy enough just can't get my head around it and hoping what you did can help

Yes; I haven’t used the multisensor but I see this when trying to use the Aeon minimote. In SmartThings, the device dropdown for the minimote shows ‘Button’ (which then allows selection of ‘Which button?’ to choose a specific button trigger) but this doesn’t appear when the device is used in Hubitat. The incompatibility is due to the way the Hubitat driver model supports buttons vs. the way ST does. I’m not sure what has to change to fix this; the driver or something in WebCoRe in the HE environment.

That’s different than what I am describing. There are no buttons on this device. Also, I have other sensors of the same type that work fine, so it’s just this one.

I’ve tried logging out, removing the decide and re-adding, clearing cache, all with no effect.

In the httpd.conf there is a large section of LoadModule commands, identify the one for rewrite and un-comment it.

also find DocumentRoot, and under it is a Directory section, within that should be AllowOverride, if that is set to none, change it to all.

save the file, restart your apache instance, try webcore again…

Anyone know if this webcore supports IFTTT Maker channel? Or any IFTTT I have a couple pistons that set variables based on IFTTT events.

1 Like

I’m running on Ubuntu on a Tinker Board and it is working well. Have you double checked your permissions? I used a sudo chmod 777 command to fix the permissions which eliminated the blank screen problem for me. Maybe try that if you haven’t already?

Ya I did a symlink and put it direct into /var/www/webcore/ from the GIT pull. Did chmod 777 and I get the title to display but nothing else. Didn’t play around with /etc/apache2/ config files as I never needed to in the past. Do I put the entire pull into webcore or just the dashboard folder? When I load the site, it redirects to the dashboard folder and then nothing except the title frame. Errors in the logs are full of:

[17/Apr/2018:15:11:03 -0400] “GET /js/components/components.min.js HTTP/1.1” 404 523 “http://www.XXXXXXXXXXXX.com/webcore/dashboard/

Does the External URL feature work for pistons yet?

In my experience /dashboard folder is to be used as the root of the website.

I’m not a *nix guy by nature, but from what i can tell the edits i mention above are to apache2/conf/httpd.conf

My Ubuntu default adds an html folder which has caused me some headaches in setting up servers - /var/www/html. However, I think the edit to the 000-default.conf file above corrected that problem? My other servers run out of the html folder and not the www.

I had the same issue. I actually had to remov the device and add it back. My GE Link bulb (ID: 1) gave issues

Installed webcore and created a standard piston where a virtual switch would trigger a series of switches to turn off and change the mode. Get this in the webcore logs:

║An error occurred while executing the event: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.domain.Location.hasCommand() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [off]

Sounds like the location id bug. Does the name of the device show as the name of your hub in the piston? You’ll need to remove the device from the hub (completely remove from the device edit page) and re-add it so it has an id different than 1 in the system.

1 Like

I’ve fixed the error in the code that prevents it from running (it used to try and grab request headers which you can’t do in hubitat) but the UI has yet to be updated. You can use the link in the piston but you need to add the access_token parameter for it to work "&access_token={token_here}. You can find that by clicking the “i” on the apps page for the main app.

I've had some bad stability issues lately. The hub would freeze up every 5 hours or so until the db finally corrupted. After the automatic restore it did, it seems to be running a lot more smoothly. So it might be worth taking a backup and restoring it immediately after if others are having trouble as it cleared mine up (at least for now). I've only tried this once, though, so it might be other things. I have another hub which doesn't have webcore installed that was acting up too so I'm not sure if webcore is the culprit. I do recommend disabling zigbee if you don't have any devices using it as that cleared up that hub's issues.

So I am having issues with a piston - making a http get request to my local server fails with a 400 error.

The exact same piston works fines in smartthings. As well from any other device I try I get the response I am looking forward. Only requests from the hubitat hub fail with this 400 error.

Here are lines from my access logs in apache. One showing a success from smartthings and the next showing a failure from hubitat. Is there some bug is how hubitat is sending the request?

192.168.1.111 - - [17/Apr/2018:20:40:26 -0700] "GET /test.cgi HTTP/1.1" 200 309 "-" "Linux UPnP/1.0 SmartThings"
192.168.1.129 - - [17/Apr/2018:20:44:11 -0700] "GET /test.cgi HTTP/1.1\n" 400 0 "-" "-"

That did it.

So I also have the Pushover Driver installed. I tried several ways to have webcore send a push notification using the push driver… any thoughts?

The Pushover Device Driver supports two capabilities - Notification and Speech Synthesis.

If webCoRE can natively support calling either the

deviceNotification(message)

or

speak(message)

commands, you should be able to easily use Pushover for notifications.

Yes. Testing now… I’m used to the command Push Notification. Trying just notification.