Command Delay

It would be nice to have the command delay functionality like in Smartthings to avoid schedule setups or pauseExecution for simple commands especially when they are dynamic like device."$command"([delay: $delay]) or device."$command"((params as Object[]) + [delay: delay])

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/ref-docs/device-ref.html#command-name

Use the search, young padewan.

The thread came up when I was creating the post…

1. delaybetween must be in a devicehandler and isn’t applicable for smartapps
  2. runIn and other scheduling methods described above requires a hardcoded method in the app which isn’t ideal with the app I am using as it could be any number of devices or commands that need to be executed with/without parameters and that is determined dynamically. While it is possible and I am working around this, it would be nice to have a simple fire and forget handoff.
  3. pauseExecution does not work in this scenario as other methods in the app need to be executing after the command has been sent off

You should be able to define a numeric variable and use that for runIn, can’t you? That way you could either adjust the variable in code or set as a preference.

A numeric value for what? The timeout? That isn’t what I’m referencing when I’m referring to the dynamic calls. It’s not about the varying the timeout, it’s about varying the callback, ie not having a callback at all.

Like I said above, it’s not that what I’m doing can’t be done with scheduling, it’s that it’s not ideal in this situation which is why I’m making a feature request.