OwnTracks

No one intends to be nasty or rude, I assure you.

It’s just that you need to provide certain details and answer some of the specific questions others are asking you. Otherwise it’s not really possible to help troubleshoot.

4 Likes

I am sorry you would be correct I did not provide enough information
I downloaded OwnTracks from Hpm I have a iPhone 14 I thought I had it working but just took the wife to work and unfortunately it did not work from what I can see I followed the instructions so not sure what I did wrong

Let me know what other information you may need I would really I to get this working

The Version of the app is 1.1.3.7

I do apologize if I was a ■■■ this thing has me pulling my hair out and for whatever reason all my other presence stuff only works when it wants to to lately and life 360 has been disconnected for most smart home platforms

This is insufficient information. If you would like the community to assist you, you'll need to provide the following information.

1. Which OwnTracks integration? As has been repeatedly pointed out - there are two, and and they are setup differently.
  2. Screenshots of how you set it up on Hubitat.

Once it is established how the integration is setup on your hub, the next step will be to see how it is setup on your phone.

1 Like

I’m utterly confused about you you are looking for I’m only aware are one way to install it and set it up and I’m only aware of one Version I can post pictures of what I have I installed it in hmp and I downloaded the app form the iPhone App Store

Images with PII removed by Moderator

1 Like

As I mentioned above:

1 Like

Ok I will do that when I get home in a bit

Don’t know if any of this will help
IMG_0832

That's Brian's (@brianwilson) version, the original, and the hardest of the two to set up... :slight_smile:

Brian has stepped away from maintaining that version actively.

The newer integration is the way to go, simpler setup and developer is very active/responsive.

It is available in HPM - current version is 1.16.18 IIRC.

1 Like

BTW details that won’t help us troubleshoot include your name and geolocation with latitude/longitude coordinates.

Perhaps it’s not concerning to you. But now literally anyone on the internet knows your name is Andy and that you live in Buffalo (pages from this forum are open to all and indexed in search engines like Google).

But if it is, you should redact those details.

3 Likes

Andy:

Strong suggestion that you use HPM to uninstall the Owntracks integration you've been trying to set up - it is an older integration, is more complicated to install, and it is no longer being actively maintained by the developer.

Instead install this version from HPM:
2024-01-18 09_07_13-Hubs, Network, & Tech

2024-01-18 09_07_25-Hubs, Network, & Tech

When you launch the app that installs there is info directly in the app that helps you through initial setup.

There is also a topic here where you can get help installing it from other users of the integration, and the developer of it:

1 Like

I was unaware that there was 2 of them thank you

I get your point and I did thanks them down

2 Likes

I did uninstall the app think I will just leave it be till I migrate over to my c8 Geofency just completely stopped working and don’t know why but maybe I will try locative I how ever will need help with the maker api cause I’ve never used it

:astonished: :grinning:

1 Like

Not that you weren't active/responsive when you were actively maintaining it. If you know what I mean...oh shoot, never mind, I'll go away now. :wink:

1 Like

Sounds like a plan. I will close this thread, since you are no longer seeking assistance with OwnTracks at this time.

FWIW, all three - OwnTracks, Locative, and Geofency work equally well.

3 Likes