Orbit B-hyve

Is this compatible with the Hubitat system? I’m looking for just a simple on/off valve that Hubitat can control. If there is a better/cheaper option, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Like

I think B-hyve is Bluetooth so No it’s not directly supported.
There maybe a Community work around using RPi or Arduino or you could try to find one of the Orbit Iris model 27087 Zigbee hose controllers on eBay

1 Like

It says on the Amazon listing that it uses either WiFi or Bluetooth

A quick use of the Search gave this thread...

It's working on Hass using websockets.

I'm hoping for someone here to see if this can be made to work on HE via maker API though (I haven't got the skills unfortunately)

1 Like

Second this request to get this device working.

I would love this, finding the older iris version is nearly impossible and this would be a perfect solution for me, but having it turn off when we leave or a leak is detected is a must

same here. i am in

Have you considered any z-wave or zigbee water valves? They can work natively with Hubitat.

Do you have a recommendation? The ones I saw on Amazon were either actuators that move a levered valve, or cost $150 and above.

Presumably, you want this for an irrigation valve and not a whole house water valve, correct? If that's the case, all you need is a motorized NC ball valve and a Hubitat controlled outlet.

An NC ball valve is about $20.

https://www.amazon.com/HFS-Electric-Solenoid-Valve-Water/dp/B018WRJYWM/

The cheapest Hubitat controlled outlet I know off is the Ikea Tradfri Control Outlet, which is $10.

2 Likes

Sigh... I just posted Drip Irrigation Controller Suggestions? and then stumbled on this thread. Would people recommend this device? I was really hoping for something that"just worked" but if I have to port this ST integration...

I’d love to see this integrated, especially since I bought one and would happily switch from using their app to hubitat, even if it’s just a manual on/off

1 Like

I've at least got this code running at this point and reporting status... allowing you to control the device is going to be a lot more work because ST required you to setup a NodeJS server on an rpi. HE supports WebSockets natively so we can code all of this directly in HE... it's just going to to be a lot of work to do!

1 Like

Maybe it won't be as bad as I thought, got manual open/closed working now via the websocket. Need to work on pulling status updates via the web socket instead of polling.

1 Like

There's still a bunch of cleanup work, but if anyone wants to give it a try, GitHub - dcmeglio/hubitat-orbitbhyve: Provides integration with a Orbit™ Bhyve Timer and SmartThings there is an app and 2 drivers you need to install. It pulls a lot of data from the valve, but the only command right now is to open/close. When you open the valve it will only stay open for the "manual run time" setting in the app. Wouldn't mind if a few people played around and let me know how it works.

All I can test with is a single hose timer with a single hub. I'm curious how it works if you have more than one! I'll try to get any feedback from people incorporated this weekend but it is a holiday so...

Edit: don’t set the refresh too frequently. I’ll likely remove that actually. Almost all the data is pulled real-time over the websocket

4 Likes

Hello There

I already installed the app and the 2 drivers..... this is status I get in my device

This is the event page

I am not 100% sure if I understood correctly your post, but just to let you know that I can see the status of the Obit device ON/off when I manually trigger the Orbit through my Obit mobile application, but I cannot switch on/off the device through the Hubitat device page... IS this the right behavior? Thanks for your work

Any thing in the logs? It should work from within hubitat. Clicking the open/close buttons from the device page should work.

it does not work for me.... i can see this error in the logs but i do not know what it does mean

Did it create a device for your bhyve wifi hub? If so could you go to the device page for it, scroll down and take a screenshot of this area:

That master setting is what I'm looking to see

Edit: I also just pushed a new version of the app that should solve the line 280 error. You're seeing two unrelated errors.

1 Like