Orbit B-hyve sale

As @dman2306 fine tunes the HE driver for this device (they work in HE and NR), I found a great deal on them. Lowes has these units on sale for $35. You do need 1 hub, so be sure to buy one "kit" too ($70).

HE Driver thread (until officially released)

1 Like

That's a good deal, but it's already sold out!

If you have any local Lowes stores, check each stores inventory (via the site). Even though the website is sold out, I just found 6 more at a local store and reserved them. May have leftovers to share :wink:

EDIT: Also for anyone buying these, be forewarned the adding/updating firmware/adding process sucks! They even tell you in the app to call tech support, because they know it is a not a smooth process.

Maybe this is just my phone, but I remember having issues with joining these devices last time I used them (different phone, before dman's integration, so they went back). I finally gave in and did what the devices want....

Join new device to phone/app
Get prompted to upgrade firmware (if it says continue for more than 30 seconds it failed)
Light on device should be flashing white
Reboot phone to reset Bluetooth connection (turning off BT is not enough)
Restart app
Update firmware - (wait for white light to turn blue)
Factory reset the device as told to by the app (click device button 5 times light turns red)
Reboot phone, restart app (I know!!)
Finish adding device to the network and be sure to attach it to you hub group

Repeat the ENTIRE process for EVERY new device. :frowning:

Once added they work great, but seriously the firmware process needs a major overhaul.

Maybe that is why this batch is on sale!!

Agree. It took me 4 tries to get the thing set up on their own app.

1 Like

Hey just as heads up (02/12/21), Amazon has the Orbit 21005 B-hyve Bluetooth Hose Faucet Timer on Sale for $38.66 with Prime.

This is only the faucet time, you would still need to get the WiFi controller to make this work with Hubitat.

They also have the Orbit 21004 B-hyve WiFi Controller and the Faucet Timer kit for $49.67

https://www.amazon.com/Orbit-B-hyve-21004-Faucet-Compatible/dp/B0758NR8DJ/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=Orbit+21005+B-hyve+Bluetooth+Hose+Faucet+Timer&qid=1613125957&s=lawn-garden&sr=1-5

1 Like

I have this.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D15HOTU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_P56WX6SB50JNVZ1M92J4

Does anyone know if I need the wifi module for the hose timer? I have a manual hose timer for one drip irrigation zone where I don't have wired yet. Would like to have it show up in my bhyve app.