Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Got it working with Cast Node and it seems much faster than the Chromecast Integration. It is MUCH faster than my Echos but I have Echo Speaks installed on my ST hub. The only issue is that it is not using the same voice. My Mini uses a male voice but it's a woman when using Cast Node.

Oh, and one more BIG issue. I have used the node 5-6 times and literally EVERYTIME I have inserted one, I have forgotten to enter the IP address, deployed, and then got pissed that it didn't work. I have now implemented @stephack's idea and have the Cast Node ready to go with IP address already entered on a Template Flow tab.

2 Likes

I hope there is no misunderstanding, I only fix the error handling to throw the real error ... I don't fix initialization issue :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a way to utilize the status of the Hubitat Safety Monitor like with Mode Node? I can get around it with virtual switches but I searched this thread and there is no mention of it.

That's my belief/guess too.

I got jinxed! I had never seen the forEach error mentioned above until just a minute ago :frowning:

(Fan = the dry contact of a Zooz double switch)

You can make an HttpRequest to do so

So:

http://hubitat_ip/apps/api/maker_api_app_id/hsm?access_token=token

1 Like

I was wondering if there was a way within @fblackburn's integration to utilize or change HSM.

There is nothing currently in his palette for HSM, but with just a few simple built in NR nodes you can both get a list of available HSM modes or even set the mode via a call to Hubitat Maker API. (Note: you can also set the mode)

Related to the above, here is a simple example to change the node. Just build the parts of the Hubitat Maker API url and set it with the "httprequest" node

2 Likes

It would be awesome if you could share this sequence - thanks so much!

FWIW, I can read/change the Mode very easily using URLs structured as described by @morningz. However, I'm unable to change the HSM mode using similar URLs.

@aaiyar

Here is the Flow I put together last night and this morning for my own Mode Manager. I'm finding NR so much faster than HE rules/apps

To help with the HSM monitor I installed the app and took a crack at it, but i don't see any reason why your URL you posted on the new thread wouldn't work.

Gist to flow

1 Like

Good luck doing this in Rule Machine ™ lol

As I sit here in my office, i have a Samsung button right here for quick control. There is a Zooz double switch on the wall that controls the ceiling light and fan. There is a lamp with a Hue bulb in the corner of office and a Hue Play behind my monitors. An Ecobee sensor rounds out the device list.

That big nasty function looks worse than it actually is, which is quite simple on the inside with just a single switch statement driving all the combinations (41 lines total)

Absolutely loving NR, I ultimately need to decide whether or not to continue running it on the Pi Zero it is currently running on or moving my flows to a Docker instance on an always-running Mac Mini I have here in the house.

I did learn the hard way last night on making a flow that completely breaks NR. I had to go onto the Pi via Cyberduck and manually edit the flow.json file to remove the offensive flow. To note: don't create an Http Listener node and automatically inject (and oops: repeat) on it

"Process Action" node:

4 Likes

:rofl: You sir are going deeper down the rabbit hole. Dont get lost down there. It's bottomless.
Personally I would say move to a beefier device now if you know you are going to using NR as your primary automation driver. Eventually you are probably going to hit an I/O limit on that pizero...but be careful listening to me...I like to make folks buy more powerful toys so I can justify doing so myself (right @aaiyar :wink:)

3 Likes

Could you please PM me with this in a JSON file? For some reason when I copy and paste this, I am getting an error.

Edited post to a link on github instead of trying to embed it!

Gist to flow

1 Like

I was worried about running mine currently on a Pi 4 but if you are going ok so far on a Zero, I am feeling pretty good.

I have converted almost all of my Rules to Node Red Sequences but have kept all of my Rules paused. I just can't make myself delete the Rules because I know what would happen with the WAF if something went wrong with Node Red.

Speaking of that (while wildly knocking on wood), what are suggestions for keeping a backup of all of my Node Red flows?

On my Pi3 I use one of these and just make a copy of the memory card.

I did this same thing, it took after having them converted and running smoothly for 2 weeks before I finally deleted them 2 days ago.

1 Like

I found this last night, I did get it to work once, but I haven't had a ton of time to toy around with it other than that one time

https://flows.nodered.org/flow/bc200a0dc255b129cdca40a619a93764

@stephack you was talking about pushover how do you tell the difference between Blue and Green? for the Pushover?? Thanks