Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Thanks @aaiyar - I thought that was the first thing I installed.
upon checking, it is installed but it's conflicting with contrib-ui-j.
now, I can't uninstall contrib-ui-j because it's being used.
is there a way to remove it?

I can see that ui_tab is being used. not sure where though :laughing:

EDITED = Sorted it out! had to export all flows, remove palette and import them back in.

thanks @aaiyar

1 Like

Thanks! I will try this solution.

I would still like to know, if anyone knows, the cause of this issue.

Try using node-red-contrib-cast to send messages to Google Home Mini. It works well, but you have to assign the speaker to a fixed IP. Also, you can't choose the voice. But the sound is very clear.

I also use node-red-contrib-pushover for sending messages to my phone.

1 Like

Thanks. I had installed Cast but hadn't tried it yet. I will see if it works tonight.

I send 98% of my pushover messages with that node. Works great.

One thing that drives me nuts about the node is that i seemingly have to copy the user key and token in every copy of the node I make, surely there much be some way to plug those values in from a global.variable i set on startup or something

Don't know about that. But here's @stephack's solution, which works pretty well for me:

That doesn't work here on my install.

Copying and pasting a working Pushover node results in the new node having those values being blank

Edit: this looks like an almost-there method, good enough to just have to quickly put "$(pushkey)" and "$(pushtoken)"

Screenshot 2020-03-10 11.54.02

Screenshot 2020-03-10 11.53.38

I use pushbullets and they've been working fine too.
I'm using the node-red palette of pushbullet

You shouldn't need to have multiple pushover nodes. Create one that has the key etc and then have a change node at the end of every sequence with their own custom message, priority, etc. I no longer use pushover but I remember there were at least 2 nodes that I tried..one was blue and one was green. I believe I stuck with the blue version. Let me know which one you are using and I will try to create a sample sequence to share. Won't be till later tonight though.

Edit:
@morningz, I did a quick npm search and it jogged my memory a little. I believe one of the reasons I picked the blue Pushover (node-red-contrib-pushover) was because it had it's own config node that allowed you to setup the keys once, without the need to enter it over and over. You are probably using the green node (node-red-pushover), There were other benefits to the blue version. I believe the blue version also let you set more of the parameters. Give it a shot and let me know if you still need the sample sequence shared.

I’ve got the green version, maybe I’ll look into the blue one instead

• Edit: done! Yes, this blue version allows saving of key and token, nice! *
1 Like

I just set up a linked sub-flow.

Has anyone been able to get the direct Lutron Caseta Pro integration working in Node-RED?

I'm unable to get it to work .....

Edit - works perfectly, never mind.

msg.deviceId is not supported see this reply

I don't know what should be the best way to show "hey I want to use the message property" in the dropdown. In the builtin nodes, there is no standard:

mqtt out: has a blank value for QoS field dropdown
http request: has a - set by msg.method - value for Method field dropdown
inject: has mostly all features you can do with Node-RED for the payload field (flow, global, JSON, string, etc...)
delay: has a predefined value for the delay field

Every node functionality seems to be built according the PR and how people use it, not from a schema/standard.

Anyways I agree that forcing to choose a command is annoying. What should be a better alternative?

• leave the Choose command... value and don't mark the node as wrongly configured
  • default to blank value in the command dropdown
    • may be less intuitive for newbies
  • keep the Choose command... and add a choice - set by msg.command - (like the http request)
    • Technically, I don't like the idea to keep another value than empty string for this choice
  • update the field type to choose value from a dropdown OR a flow/global variables
    • But I'm not sure if the flow/global variables is the node responsability or should be injected with a change node before
    • To following the idea of this PR but for command field

Don't know, but thank you, I didn't know the HE's Supertitle or TileMaster :laughing:

If you succeed, please share your feedbacks (pro/con), I'm interested if it worth it

It's normal, because your Node-RED instance came back before the Hubitat. On start each node will ask its current state to Hubitat. You need to restart the flow

Only on some nodes?
Maybe related to this reply
How many device and mode node do you have? (even if two nodes have the same device, count them separately)
Do you have errors in Hubitat's log when the device went uninitialized?
For the next time, you can restart the flow OR only move the node and deploy ONLY this node

Do you guys take a look to https://cookbook.nodered.org , it's really interesting :wink:

2 Likes

This gets my vote

1 Like

Personally, I don't think the command input needs to be changed at all. This input behaves like most nodes I've used. If left blank, NR should balk...it's a command node after all. Having the "set by msg.command" is also a good option though. That's how it works with the built in delay node.

I hadn't yet installed your node when I replied and I assumed deviceID was in input field in the node. I suppose looking at the node that it should be msg.device instead.

I think leaving "Choose Command" unselected should just in the background default to "Refresh"... that seems like the path of least resistance coding wise.

nvm: i see not all things have that command

This makes sense when both Node-Red and Hubitat go offline and then restart at the same time, like happened during the power outage. However, I had the same "uninitialized" device issue arise when Hubitat stayed online and only Node-Red was restarted. I guess the flows must be manually restarted each time Node-Red restarts after a shutdown or reboot?

I have 14 device nodes on three different flow tabs. all of them went "uninitialized" after the Node-Red restart (even when Hubitat stayed online).

When you suggest "restarting" the flow, what do you mean?

I did not think to check the Hubitat log. I only monitored the Node-Red logs, but I will see if I can recreate the issue and then check the Hubitat logs for errors.

@putch I was right in the middle of reading your post when it disappeared :smile:. Hopefully that means you figured it out.

Nope - but I realized it was outside the scope of this thread, so I sent it to you as a DM instead.