[Solved] MakerApi - Get and Set Modes

@patrick I would really like to get into the beta as well.

Admitting my bias up front..

but eliminating the Homebridge app from the Hub and having the Hubitat Plug-in to Homebridge on the NodeJS server simply be a Remote-Client would be a grand solution. From the vantage point of a MultiHub user, it's fair to say that a HomeKit hub (iPad, HomePod, AppleTV) is just another hub.

It's probably an idea that others can run with too, such as Vera or HomeSeer as remotes.

1 Like

You know that I am actively looking at that, so I don't have to say that. But for full disclosure, I am looking at both cases:

1. Homebridge plugin via HubConnect
  2. Homebridge plugin via MakerApi

In both cases the Homebridge App would go away. Case 1 has the benefit for users with multiple hubs, case 2 has the benefit for the users that don't have multiple hubs and don't see the need to install a custom app. It would just run with the built-in app.

Again, I am looking at both. I have Option 2 almost done, waiting for release 2.0.9 though.
Option 1 is what I am playing with right now

2 Likes

Choice is good :smile:

Hi, i really want to be able to change modes in maker api, when will the update be released?

It was released roughly April 29th...

almost 90 days ago. :slight_smile:

50%20AM

oh thanks, where can i find that info?

Cool thx

you should "Watch" that perhaps:

At the far right of that screen cap is a green circle with a ! in it.. -- shows I'm Watching the topic.

Yes i will do that

My HE is running version 2.2.0.132 with both Hubitat Safety Monitor and Maker API installed, but in the Maker API device list there is no HSM option for me to select. It doesn't appear that I can retrieve or set HSM status via Maker API. Am I missing something?

Hsm isn't a device, so I wouldn't expect it to show there.

Did you try to do a maker API get on hsm and see if it returns the current state (as listed a few posts above)?

If so, what was the url you used, and what did it return?

Ahh I see now. Yeah it works as intended but I guess not the way I expected it to.

If I type in...
http://[ip address]/apps/api/5/hsm?access_token=[access token]

it returns...
{"hsm":"disarmed"}

I wanted to get it working with the HomeHabit app but that uses the Get All Devices url and HSM is obviously not part of that list. I'm not even sure HomeHabit would recognize it anyway, so I'll look into controlling it another way (probably using virtual switches).

Nope, and neither are modes.

Gotcha, I see that now. Thanks for the quick response Jason.

1 Like

Hubitat integration in HomeHabit will get further improvements in the near future, which will include support for both HSM and modes.

1 Like

Cool, thanks Igor. I'll stay tuned.

Sorry to revive an old thread... I managed to set Away mode via the MakerAPI but I can't set to Home?

:33 is my Away mode ID

http://192.168.33.193/apps/api/1/modes/:33?access_token=my_token

How do I find these ID's? I want to trigger Night or Vacant mode through MakerAPI

TIA,
Ryan