[Broken] MyQ Lite Application

Local Control Options for MyQ Garage Door Openers - :bellhop_bell: Get Help - Hubitat

2 Likes

Ah great… So awesome when they do that…

Yeah, i gave up on the MyQ last week when I couldn't even get the MyQ app to talk to it, and the GDO wouldnt rejoin the Wifi when I reset. I'm using a garadget, a Zooz multi-relay and the Zooz GDO application. So far its been great!

S

1 Like

Can you clarify?

Presumably you’re using the Zooz relay to control the door via a pre-wired Security+ 2.0 button sold by Garadget?

And not a Garadget opener itself?

I'm using a smart implant.

1 Like

Exactly -- the garadget sold prewired Security+ 2.0 button, thus:

As recommended in this thread: Local Control Options for MyQ Garage Door Openers

Thanks Ashok. :slight_smile:

S.

1 Like

I had spoken the company they will even set you up with a wire for turning the light on and off. You may need to ask them.

The light on mine is motion sensor connected. I also have 2 led bar lights on a Zooz switch which i could trigger on door activation or motion if necessary....

S

I removed power from my MyQ 828LM device and the Android MyQ app correctly shows the door status with a big qustion mark. However, the HE MyQ app and device continues throwing 403 errors when attempting to open the door with the HE device's Open command.

Kindly help me out here, I'm confused. Unless the HE MyQ app/device is not using the MyQ 828LM device's cloud connection, can anyone explain why or how it is possible to get a 403 error with the MyQ 828lm device disabled? I would expect a timeout or something similar.

Update: Answering my own question. It's not using the 828LM or builtin door opener cloud connection

Woohoo I think I fixed the HE Myq app 403 error! Following instructions in this Reddit thread, I changed the following MyQ Lite app version 3.1.3 statements at lines: 1035, 1068, 1122, and 1157. Seems to be working for me.

Lines 1035, 1122, and 1157 From:
headers: ["User-Agent": "null"],

To: (or whatever user agent string you want)
headers: ["User-Agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/117.0"],

Code at lines 1067-1070 to
headers: [
"User-Agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/117.0",
"Cookie": cookie
],

Reddit solution follows
Thanks @lygris, that did work.

• docker exec -it homeassistant bash
  • cd /usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/pymyq/
  • cp request.py request_bup.py
  • vi request.py
  • i to enter insert mode
  • Modify line 34
    • Was self._useragent = None
    • Is self._useragent = str("anytexthere")
  • Esc key to exit insert mode
  • :w + enter to write the changes
  • :x + enter to exit VI
  • Restart Home Assistant
4 Likes

Yes, thank you! That worked for me as well.

1 Like

Here are a couple of observations from my experience.

MyQ Lite stopped working a few days ago. Today I went into MyQ Lite app and tried to edit my account - that failed, likely due to the error 403 folks have identified. That said, after walking through the app and hitting done - it magically started working again.

After it was working again I followed @arnb instructions and now I AM able to reconnect My Account in the app. I initially missed the fact you have to change the headers string on ALL FOUR lines @arnb identified.

I believe there are multiple "things" going on here. The fact folks could not control doors from the native MyQ app on their phone (not HE) likely means there was a back-end issue going on. Over the last 3 years there have been several instances where MyQ stopped working - sometimes for many days - then started working again.

The fact the Redditers identified the header issue should allow MyQ Lite to continue working for as long as Chamberlain doesn't permanently break the functionality.

We know MyQ Lite is "no longer maintained" - but any chance someone could update it with this fix so future users won't have to manually edit the app code?

1 Like

I’ll second that ask - That would be great for future users. :slight_smile:

Hey @jsarcone do you have any issues with your local control?

I tried going local a couple years ago, Zooz Zen17 and the Security+ 2.0 from Garadget. I have/use a tilt sensor today with MyQ Lite. I also have NC sensors for both open and close position of the door (though I removed the Zen17 long ago after MyQ Lite was working again).

The biggest problem I ran into was having multiple "triggers" pushing the "button" and causing the door to misbehave. Specifically, a second push during an 'open' operation causes Liftmaster to stop. A second push during a 'close' operation causes the door to reverse and leave it open.

Complicated.

The repository storing these files are still on Dman2306's GitHub. Only he can edit them. You can make a PR and if/when he sees it, he'll take action.. which includes ignoring it :slight_smile:

The second option is to Fork the repo, which a lot of people have done already, apparently. Anyone that wants to can become the new maintainer that way. The problem is in getting the word out... how many conversations point to this Topic? and everything in this topic points to the existing repo.

3 Likes

I agree. The issue as I see it is the Hubitat Package Manager points to @dman2306's Github folder, and that would have to be removed and replaced.

@csteele Anything you could do to remove the old pointers should someone decide to host an updated github version of the MyQ Lite app?

Ooops @csteele posted while I was typing :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@bobbyD
Should someone decide to take over this package are you able and willing to update the first post in this thread to point to a new thread?

Yes, I can update the first post.

2 Likes

I'll propose it this way...

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 1.16.41 PM

I haven't tested because I don't have MyQ (and I won't be buying one.)

I have tested that the code installs via HPM and that after an install, it goes to the App's config.

If you pick Dominic's tile, you get the unmodified code. If you click the 2023 tile, you get the modified code.

If someone else ACTUALLY wants to maintain it, let me know and I'll disassemble this :slight_smile: As you can see it's "owned by" HubitatCommunity which is the place I create to put "abandoned code" that is still useful to the Community. I don't develop or maintain it. I do accept PRs for those packages, however. Someone else can find the issues and fix the code... I'll be happy to replace a file with a file. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for adding the updated version.

Kindly post your github repository user name, EG github.com/?????? where the updated app is stored. Looked in HubitatCommunity but did not find it.
After verifying your version with TextPad to my current version, I'll ask @bobbyD to update the first post in this thread.

1 Like