New Xiaomi Aqara Relay 2 channel

Sounds very annoying. What happens if the two switches used for manual control are momentary instead of open/closed circuit?

Well, I don't have any momentary switches, and in particular I bought this device as a test for inputs that work with normal switches, however if I press a switch on and quickly off again (as a momentary switch would do) then it toggles the relay(s) with the on and off transitions.

Another device I'm considering is this one, unfortunately it's about 4x the price ...

Grenton quad input z-wave

Here is a good price too. $17.98
https://a.aliexpress.com/_sK1N9g

I agree with that ... just removed all wiring to the switch inputs, and tested with a multimeter, there is full mains voltage present on the switch inputs when the relays are turned on. OK, the multimeter is high impedence, so I connected a neon indicator between the input and neutral, the relays turned into an astable flip-flop.

Thanks to @guyeeba for the driver, but I've given up with this hardware and will try the Grenton 4x z-wave input instead.

Hello all and thanks @guyeeba for the driver.
I am using LLKZMK11LM device to power traveller lines to feed mechanical switches so i can control my lights with my existing mechanical switches.
My existing switches are 3way and with @guyeeba driver i can operate my lights.
(For this setup one of the two traveller lines should always be powered and state changes when toggling).
My problem is when the LLKZMK11LM device is powered up although it remembers the state of L1 ,L2 and it turns on the proper one , after a second it switches both L1 and L2 to off.
Although power outage is not very often where i live, it is possible to happen and I would like the aqara relay to maintain power on L1 or L2 during startup.
I don't know if this behavior comes from the relay or the hubitat driver (during power up) as I only paired it with hubitat (don't even own an aqara hub).
I would appreciate your help as if there is a line somewhere in the driver that I could change to make this happen or with any other of your suggestions.

I guess the HUB also reboots when the outages happen?
If so, is there a way to read that last reboot somewhere from Rule Machine?
But I guess you need these switches on during a time period, so you could simply make a rule that turns them on between two times, if they are not on. Could help you out, I guess.

The problem can arise also from a tripped circuit breaker.
I made a schematic of my setup.
Power needs to remain ON (L1 OR L2) after power up. Althought I can power through Hubitat L1 or L2 , I don't feel is the correct solution and I am trying for a workaround.

Any help will be much appreciated

2 Likes

@gzisimatos, to try to get faster help for you, I posted this one in the support category:

Not sure how many users see your post here in the lounge.

Hi again,
Here is the trigger you need to detect a restart, so as far as i see, there is several ways you can do actions when the trigger is selectable. See this link for how to set it up based on time. You just select your LLKZMK11LM device instead. You can also store a local variable to have the last state of the controller available after restart, so many options actually.

Hi guys,

Sorry for my ignorance but i'm a true beginner.
I bought this Xiaomi relay to control my VMC. I've access to the VMC N and L that are going to my main electric pannel.
I have a hard time to understand how to connect my VMC 2 cables to this relay.

Should I connect the electric pannel N to N and L to IN
And the VMC N to N and L to L1 ?

thanks a lot

I don’t know what a VMC is, but the official schematics are in this post.

The schematics are also in the manual and everywhere but I don't understand them.
Thanks

Sorry if this sounds rude, it isn't meant to be, but if you don't understand the schematics, you perhaps shouldn't be messing with mains voltage wiring.

If you get it wrong it can be very dangerous, so maybe best to contact an electrician if you're unsure.

1 Like

Thanks for your help

@Rxich, @AndyBurns, and anyone else who had troubles with physical switches (switch controls more than 1 output)...

I decided to revisit this device, because it's a perfect fit for my purposes, and noticed the same behavior you guys experienced. Looked into it, and... well, it's completely my fault. :frowning:

I fixed the driver, sorry for the inconvenience.

Hopefully @markus will support this device in his awesome new driver set, and no one will be dependent on my poorly maintained drivers... :wink:

4 Likes

That's great, I haven't got round to buying the more expensive four channel relay I mentioned, so if anyone else confirms it working I might buy another couple of these ...

guyeeba, no worries. I am greatfull that i got to use the relay, at all. Without your driver, that never would have happened.

I'll check out the new driver and...
Thank You !

1 Like

@guyeeba, Awesome, now independently controllable via HE as well as physical switches.

Thanks a tonne for your efforts.

Pugazhendhi M

2 Likes

Thank you @guyeeba !!
I think this is what I was looking for. I will test it the next days and report back.

1 Like

Anybody?