New Xiaomi Aqara Relay 2 channel

Wireshark ZigBee sniffer log of the relevant commands can be found here.

Enable Interlock

Command: 0x02 (Write Attributes)
Manufacturer Code: 0x115F (Lumi)
Cluster: 0x0010 (genBinaryOutput)
Attribute: 0xFF06
Data Type: 0x10 (Boolean)
Payload: 0000 0001 (Boolean: True)

Hubitat Command is probably:
he wattr 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 0x0010 0xFF06 0x10 {01} {115F}

Disable Interlock

Command: 0x02 (Write Attributes)
Manufacturer Code: 0x115F (Lumi)
Cluster: 0x0010 (genBinaryOutput)
Attribute: 0xff06
Data Type: 0x10 (Boolean)
Payload: 0000 0000 (Boolean: False)

Hubitat Command is probably:
he wattr 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 0x0010 0xFF06 0x10 {00} {115F}

Both Write Attribute commands, if successfully received, should result in the relay responding with an acknowledgement message.

I assume that all relays desired to be in Interlock Mode need the command sent to them, and that it should work with more than just two relays, but this would need to be tested.

Also, I have read a post (here) which states that Power Measurement is disabled when Interlock Mode is enabled. Another post in Russian (here) has a comment in which the user says that all ZigBee devices on their Aqara / Xiaomi gateway dropped off the network when Interlock Mode was enabled. Both of these potential issues need to be checked.

"that all ZigBee devices on their Aqara / Xiaomi gateway dropped off the network when Interlock Mode was enabled. Both of these potential issues need to be checked."

That is true, When we remove the device from hubitat, both channels are working independently.
I am waiting on cc debugger and I have a spare 2 channel relay on my test bench. If you give me pointers, i am willing to conduct further tests. But first things first, Your work is awesome.

Thanks.

I'm in Australia and need some help wiring this to a 2 gang light switch.
So we have Active, Earth and Neutral.
Any advice?

What, no manual ?? :rofl:

Reading up in the thread it seems some of these devices have control issues.
Which model do you have ?
How are you hoping to use it ?

IF you have Neutral wires at the light switch, they're likely just connected together, same as the Earth wires.
You'll likely have a single Active feed into each switch. then on the otherside of each switch an return to the lights.

Damn how do I share photos with this thing? Every time I try it says "you cannot share images" or "you cannot share links in your posts" if I try photo hosting urls.

You cannot share for a couple of days or posts - its because you're new.
@bobbyD, can you allow access ??

1 Like

My driver supports the feature you need (or at least I think it's the same thing), feel free to use it in your drivers:

Btw. FYI I decided to abandon these devices, because after a small power outage my relays fell off the mesh, and I had to rejoin them. It happened to me 3 times... still looking for a replacement, but it seems I will use an Orvibo relay where local control isn't a must: [BETA] Orvibo Zigbee multi-functional relay (RL804QZB) driver

1 Like

dude can I PM u instead?

Sure. NP

Welcome aboard! I have updated your account.

FYI, the relay when actuated from either physical switch will switch on both loads. It's a pain in the neck. From the driver page you can control loads independently, but not from the switch. I'm using mine on a single circuit to avoid the issue. The relay itself works very fast and is reliable and is a repeater for my xiaomi sensors.

I have one of the[LLKZMK11LM dual switch/relay devices, found the build quality higher than I was expecting, I have it added with guyeeba's parent and child drivers, having added the switches to my dashboard, the logical buttons control the outputs properly.

However in common with some (all?) other users, I find that the physical switch inputs control th outputs in a very strange way, switch1 will usually toggle output1, but may also toggle output2 as well, similarly for switch2 ... I can't think that anyone would want it to operate the way it does.

I noticed that guyeeba has abandoned the driver as he's not happy with the device, does anyone's device operate "properly" i.e. switch1 toggles only output1 and switch2 toggles output2?

Any sign of it working properly when used with e.g. a smartthings or aqara hub? If anyone has any hints that the driver could be tweaked, I could be persuaded to roll up my sleeves and have a look at it, otherwise I guess it'll just get used as a dual channek output and I can ignore the inputs :frowning:

Hopefully in a week or two I'll have an other unit (maybe with a newer firmware that solves my stability issues).

Honestly, I havent't checked the behaviour of physical switches, my tests were restricted to HE itself. But if the unit itself proves to be stable, I'll see what I can do to make both HE and the physical switches work reliably.

Sorry, but I start to feel fed up of these Aqara... specialties. :frowning:

1 Like

My unit arrived from china last week, no way to tell how new it is though. Happy to experiment with driver, I also have a USB zigbee sniffer dongle, here's how my device showed up after discovery ...

ID: 2F34
Manufacturer: LUMI
Product Name:
Model Number: lumi.relay.c2acn01

manufacturer : LUMI
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0001,0002,000A,0006,0010,0B04,000C
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 24
outClusters : 0019,000A
initialized : true
model : lumi.relay.c2acn01

stage : 4
manufacturer :
idAsInt : 2
inClusters : 0006,0010,0004,0005
endpointId : 02
profileId : 0104
application :
outClusters :
initialized : true

Normally a new version would have a different ZigBee model than before, and yours is showing up as the same model. This doesn't necessarily mean that the physical switch behavior hasn't been fixed, though. You'd need to wire it up with for two switches & two outputs to find that out.

For just a dual relay (not using the physical inputs on the relay), it works absolutely perfect with @guyeeba ‘s driver. I’ve never had a moment of trouble with it. And I was pleased to learn that they serve as repeaters too.

1 Like

The way mine behaved, I suspect the 2 circuits are not isolated properly. When any 1 physical switch activates, both relays kick in, however the relays do not appear to turn on simultaneously, as it would if by design.
The second relay that kicks on, is a few miliseconds behind the first, making me suspect there is voltage "leaking" its way back to the other relay causing the unintended activation. Likely a properly placed diode could solve the whole issue, although I have no idea where to place it.

I do have it wired to two single-pole switches and two neons.

A simple truth table isn't sufficient to explain the weirdness of the relays responses to the switches, it would need a finite state diagram.

Usually (but not always) switch1 alters relay1, and sometimes it alters relay2 as well, and vice-versa.

Agreed, if don't wire the switch inputs, the relay outputs function perfectly, also the options within the driver to "decouple" the switches from the relays does make the device ignore them.

Yes, a noticeable double-clack, how would something like this go un-noticed? Has anyone tried contacting Xiaomi/Lumi?