[BETA] Orvibo Zigbee multi-functional relay (RL804QZB) driver

It's a 3-output actuator that has multiple operation modes: high voltage mode, low voltage mode, and power relay mode.

The driver creates 3 child switches to control the relays individually, and the parent device supports the "PushableButton" capability that pulses the output of the given relay with a configurable pulse length - useful to emulate push button behavior in power relay mode.

In case anyone's interested, here's the driver: Hubitat/Orvibo Zigbee multi-functional relay-RL804QZB.groovy at master ยท guyeeba/Hubitat ยท GitHub

1 Like

Thank you for your work. I am right now at work, I have one hooked up earlier with smartthings. And still it in the wiring closet. But unable to control via hubitat. Let me check this out and report to you the experience. BTW, when there is a power outage this also loses the gateway information and we need to rejoin the device.

Thanks in advance,

Hm... I have only 1 for testing and driver development, but so far it seemed to be stable. I tried to cut the power for 30 seconds a few times, but 5 secs after I replugged the device, it was working perfectly...
I'll try to leave it unplugged for longer periods, thanks!

It's working even after 80 minutes of power outage... cannot really reproduce this issue...

Ok, will install this on hubitat as well on smartthings over the weekend and confirm this.

Thanks.

1 Like

Any update on how this is working ??
Any issues ??

After 4 days of testing in live envronment with Aqara devices (!!!), 20-50 operations and 1-3 artificial power outages per day:

• does not fall off the mesh
  • behavior of other devices remained intact
  • no lost or delayed transaction
  • no errors logged

The device is set to mode 3 (power relay mode), but no actual loads are connected.

So far so good.

But it's just one environment, looking forward to others' observations.

1 Like

Hi guyeeba, this morning I tried to join the orvibo relay to hubitat, but unable to join. As i promised, I will remove and take it to the test bench and give you the report. BTW, if it does not drop that would be awesome.

Thanks and regards,

Pugazhendhi M

The way I joined the relay many times successfully (and how I usually join everything):

• remove it from existing mesh
  • reset
  • cut power
  • start zigbee discovery in HE
  • restore power
  • wait...
  • PROFIT!

Hi Guyeeba,

The unit i have turned out to be a dud , and it is no more even joining the zigbee network. irrespective of smarthings and Hubitat. So, I have to say, yes your observations are correct.

Right now I am left with only xiaomi devices and when I will buy orvibo again, i can be sure that it wont be dropped.

Thanks for your efforts.

Pugazh

Do you know where I can buy this device?

Are there any other devices like it from competitors?

I live in Hungary, so I bought it from smarthugo.com, but it's available at aliexpress as well...

The Aqara dual relay has similar features, but I had stability issues with it (had to rejoin it to the mesh after power outages), so I abandoned it.

I stopped looking for alternatives because I'm pretty satistfied with this device so far.

2 Likes

After all these days, I am able to remove the device from the wall closet to my test bench.

After a long struggle, I am now able to pair it with HE. The unit was earlier paired with smartthings.

It is working perfectly @guyeeba , Just thought of letting you know and thank you for your work.

Thanks a tonne.
Pugazhendhi M

This also works with the generic multi end point switch, but with limited feature like pushable button.

I've just dug a couple of these out of the man drawer (used to be used with ST) and connected them to HE. Worked 1st time and seems reliable. Excellent work :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.