New Iris V1 device support

Just to add.

i'm finding every so often some of these motion sensors get stuck in an active state.

Has anyone seen this?

Not since I put all my Iris V1 devices on a separate hubitat.

It was happening with mine and the SYLVANIA Lightify lamps and strips seems to be the issue. I moved the Lightify items to their own hub and the v1 devices and been great.

How do you mean?

The last time I noticed any instability with my system was when I had the Iris V1 devices on the same Hubitat as my newer Zigbee HA1.2 and Zigbee 3 devices. Initially, I thought it was because I was trying to use a Sylvania Lightify Smart Switch 4 button remote. After returning it and experiencing the same thing with a different brand, I decided to remove all my Iris V1 devices, order a separate Hubitat, and install all my V1 devices on the second hub. I use the Hub Link on the controller hub and Link to Hub on the second hub. The Iris V1 devices show up on the controller hub as virtual devices which I then can use for motion detection, integration into the HSM app, etc. My Zigbee mesh has been very reliable since doing this and I have not noticed any Zigbee devices, including motion detectors, getting "stuck." I've noticed a few times that the V1 Key Fob and the V2 Smart Fob were registering "away" when they were home, but they picked back up when I pressed a button or brought them nearer the Hubitat. Even that is rare now.

I am currently having a little difficulty with the Z-Wave side though. My thermostat stayed in "Away" mode yesterday and did not properly switch to the schedule for "Home." However, that has nothing to do with the Zigbee side.

I cornered product development engineers from Ledvance and OSRAM this week at LIGHTFAIR. Basically the Lightify lamps could be updated to work correctly but here is why nothing is being done. Ledvance owns the lamps, OSRAM still owns the gateway and firmware. OSRAM has refused to sell them to Ledvance because they have some plan to use them in their roadmap for the future. So basically, owners of products are left in the middle with no option to upgrade the devices, when it is possible. Neither company can do anything, according to them.

Is there any issues using iris v1 and v2 on the same hub?

I have both in the same hub, others have had issues and use separate hubs. I only had issues with V1 devices when my OSRAM lamps were on the same hub, something about the V1, V2 combo with Osram...since I put the OSRAM lights on a separate hub, zero issues. I have been checking almost daily and not once has a V1 button, contact sensor or motion sensor had an issue. Previously, the V1 devices would get stuck in a open or closed state, or not respond.

I have 2 hubs in 2 locations and have not had a single problem and I have many v1 and v2 devices in use.

Awesome.

I got a 10 pack for v2. I'm going to replace out the ones in the main areas with the v2, and take the v1 and place them in other rooms. Not really needed, but I'm sure I will come up with a use case...

How long do these batteries typically last? Are the v2 batteries the same as v1 ?

Same batteries. I have had them up and running for several months and still ave plenty of power, some sensors are more chatty than others (temp & battery reporting) .

I also got a 10 pack of the v2 motion, but I have most of my sensors on the ceilings in hallways so the v1 square design just looks more logical, whereas the v2 looks like it is better suited to be mounted vertically. Good Luck

Okay.

Do you know what the benefits of having the v2 over v1 are? I know it's true zigbee and follows the standards, but besides that?

The V1 devices send temperature and battery reports more often than their ZHA profile counterparts, these report settings at not adjustable.
If the V1 devices work for you, cool, if they don't then replace them with current Zigbee ZHA or Z-wave devices.

If I recall didn't you say in past postings that the v2 are much faster in terms of response time?

I grabbed some after yesterdays Hubitat show. Found them for $55 for 10. So wth, why not.

Mike, is the Iris V1 keypad still on the list for driver-writing?

1 Like

at the bottom, but still there...

Good to hear. I have two V1 iris keypads from my now-obsolete iris system. They are head-and-shoulders above the V2/V3 keypads which were designed down to a lower price. My Hubitat system currently runs with a V2 keypad, whose cheap-and-nasty-ness irks me each time I set/cancel the alarm.

Bummer, just curious when Lowe’s opensourced all that code was there anything for the keypad or will it take a lot of reverse engineering?

too early to tell, some of the older devices have more zigbee command details than the newer ones, not looked into it, no point until I'm ready to deal with it.

Mike, just checking-in on the drivers for the V1 Iris keyboard: any idea when/if you might get to writing those?