New Iris V1 device support

Same batteries. I have had them up and running for several months and still ave plenty of power, some sensors are more chatty than others (temp & battery reporting) .

I also got a 10 pack of the v2 motion, but I have most of my sensors on the ceilings in hallways so the v1 square design just looks more logical, whereas the v2 looks like it is better suited to be mounted vertically. Good Luck

Okay.

Do you know what the benefits of having the v2 over v1 are? I know it's true zigbee and follows the standards, but besides that?

The V1 devices send temperature and battery reports more often than their ZHA profile counterparts, these report settings at not adjustable.
If the V1 devices work for you, cool, if they don't then replace them with current Zigbee ZHA or Z-wave devices.

If I recall didn't you say in past postings that the v2 are much faster in terms of response time?

I grabbed some after yesterdays Hubitat show. Found them for $55 for 10. So wth, why not.

Mike, is the Iris V1 keypad still on the list for driver-writing?

1 Like

at the bottom, but still there...

Good to hear. I have two V1 iris keypads from my now-obsolete iris system. They are head-and-shoulders above the V2/V3 keypads which were designed down to a lower price. My Hubitat system currently runs with a V2 keypad, whose cheap-and-nasty-ness irks me each time I set/cancel the alarm.

Bummer, just curious when Lowe’s opensourced all that code was there anything for the keypad or will it take a lot of reverse engineering?

too early to tell, some of the older devices have more zigbee command details than the newer ones, not looked into it, no point until I'm ready to deal with it.

Mike, just checking-in on the drivers for the V1 Iris keyboard: any idea when/if you might get to writing those?

when no, if probably...

Always good to know there is a chance to reuse something many still keep around. It's still a wall hanger I'd love to put back in use!

I am having an issue with the v1 contact sensor. I can offset the temperature to a higher temperature (positive value), but not a lower one (lower value).

Did you scroll in both directions? I can see them in the device driver

Yes. It will only apply positive values.

It doesn’t happen immediately, it only happens on a temperature change. I tested it both way and the driver does do the adjustment. Have you waited long enough for a new temperature to be reported once you changed it (and hit configure)?

I just bought a v1 door/window/cabinet sensor DWS901 off ebay, new, still in packaging. It only reports temperature and battery. Nothing about open or close. Is there something I'm missing that I may need to do? All I did was discover it and label it. I tried using it in HSM but it shows up in red in the "Arm and Disarm" section. It's using "Iris V1 Contact Sensor" under type, which I believe is correct.

Could this be in need of a firmware update? If so, can I get a hub off ebay and still update it, or did they turn off that ability already?

Did you use the right zigbee discovery when you added it to the hub?

Also check the driver you’re using.

I believe that firmware updates were turned off months ago !

I just added one that was doing the same thing. Try cycling the contact sensor by manually opening and closing it. After doing this it should start reporting.