[NEW APP] Room Lighting

I don't know what your use case is. Please simply ask again with details if I missed it earlier.

Yes, you can delete it from its device page.

There is no Private Boolean in Room Lights.

1 Like

This one
Thanks

This is working great for me except for one thing, I have my lights set up so you can adjust the levels and colors while they are off, which means they need an explicit ON command sending as well as setting color and level however it seems this app doesn't have a way to do that. Works fine if I make them switches in the app and just use on/off but can't use any of the color/level features. Any chance of adding the option to force sending an ON command when activating?

Thanks!

1 Like

Are you using custom drivers that don't turn on the lights in response to setColor?

If so, the answer is that you should fix the driver so that it has color pre-staging commands instead of changing how setColor itself works. Across the hub, not just this app, setColor, setColorTemperature and setLevel with non-zero values means that the light should be turned on. Pre-staging should provide corresponding commands that can be used to change the color, color temperature or level without turning the lights on. These should be separate commands.

Our Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb driver supports presetLevel(). A couple of our other drivers did this by preference setting, but those are being changed to offer separate commands. Apps can't really deal with device commands that mean two different things, with no way to know which is which. So, options to support that approach won't be done.

1 Like

Are there any plans to allow for turning on to a variable color temperature / level ? I have a lot of bulbs mimicking the sun and temperature stored to a hub variable.

Along these lines, it may help if these commands were standardized with a capability like presetLevel() was with LevelPreset in 2.2.6. Maybe something to consider for 2.3.3? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, there should probably be capabilities for this.

2 Likes

Not at present. The UI just gets super messy adding variables as an option.

I could probably workaround with a separate rule: If [bulb] changes to ON, set color temp to variable.

I would love to have the ability to keep the lights on for 30 seconds.. not for a full min.

2 Likes

Same here, it should have a toggle to swap between seconds and minutes.

@bravenel

Is that possible to add? I would love the option for seconds myself.

1 Like

Not sure why you're posting a screenshot of Motion Lighting in this topic, or which app you are talking about. If you set the time to 0 minutes the lights turn off once the motion sensor goes inactive, which is typically between 15 and 30 seconds.

I have an odd cool down on a few of my sensors. After they register no motion they dont seem to see motion for aboit 15 or so seconds. I thought this thread was for the app I was posting about. MY bad

But what does that have to do with the waiting time to turn the lights off after motion goes inactive? How does a shorter than one minute time help this issue?

For both you and @bfara83, I fail to see sufficient added utility from timing the lights turning off down to the second to warrant the significant UI complexity that would arise from offering it. There has to be a compelling argument for something like this.

if it's not possible then its not possible, i am not looking to argue, but the cool off time of my motion sensors have made the lights go off, when the switch is dimming down, 1 min works, but i rahter not have the light on for the full 1 min. i am not able to explain it, but that was my ask. thats all

When I try to set per-Mode settings I get an errror:
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method startsWith() on null object on line 383 (method mainPage)

How can I fix that?

I haven't seen this error before.

Please show me the main page of the app. At first blush I'd suggest simply removing it and re-creating it, to see if that error happens again. If it does, then I'd want to see some details from the App Status page.

Perhaps there is a way to use fractional minutes. I'll look into that idea. Leaves the UI as is, but solves your problem.

2 Likes