New 700 series version of the Zooz 4-in-1 released!

Mine was included non-secure..

Enjoy:

2 Likes

I have received a new 4 in 1 sensor 700 from Zooz, its the new version for sure. Zooz sent it to me because of all the issues I had with the original. The question is this reworked Beta Driver working? I am a little gun shy on this device, the original just caused havoc with the z wave devices.

1 Like

The driver has been working great for me on both the old and new series of device. I have been using it since before I released it. The new device does not report motion every 8 seconds like the old one did, so it should not cause issues with the mesh.

1 Like

thank you for the reply I will give a go and report back.

I have one of the old Zooz 4-in-1 still new-in-box. I got it when I first set up my Hubitat, and was still having teething issues with my Z-Wave network on my C-7. I decided to hold off adding it to my mesh because of the issues reported, since I was already concerned about my mesh. Those concerns were because of apparent delays with my dimmers, but that turned out to be me not adjusting the minimum power rate for the ramp-up to on. I suppose I could try it now, but I was always worried about the excess traffic ("report motion every 8 seconds") causing issues.

You just need to pair it without security with a z-wave stick paired as a secondary controller

1 Like

I installed the new version with the c7 hub and the update that jtp wrote, I noticed the preference screen did not include the changes you could make with the old driver. Second I did see some of my zwave devices slow down and did not react as they should taking as long as a min before they would fire. I had problems like that with the older 4 and 1 version. Now to be fair I will give it a couple of days to see what transpires.

I noticed the preference's are kind of missing on the driver or is that the way it should be? Not sure on my end. using the Driver JTP put up here.

Did you hit configure and then refresh the page after?

Yes sir I Did. There is no refresh button to hit. I also closed the browser and tried again, but same result. Any suggestions?

I meant the refresh button for the browser tab. Closing it and reopening would give the same result. I don't have any of the new sensors yet and I haven't tried the community driver yet, so I think that's about as much help as I'll be able to give for now.

Actually... scroll down to the device data tab and post a screenshot of everything there. I won't be able to do much with that info, but I bet it would help someone else.

Yes I tried it just refreshing the browser tab, same result, attached it the bottom information you asked for.
Thanks for your help.

You probably need to hit configure then wake the device up so the driver can configure itself. If you don't want to wake it manually it should trigger on the next wake up which is typically every 12 hours.

The preferences wont show until the driver can determine which model and firmware you have.

lucky you.. i have too much junk around and mine went in the circular file years ago.. waiting to see verdict on new one.

probably why the removing inserting battery got motion working earlier in the posts.. probably was a configure outstanding waiting for waekup.

I am moving to a different house and converting from SmartThings to a Hubitat C7 Hub. It's been going great until dealing with the many Zooz 4-in-1 units I have (and the four more I'd ordered from Amazon but thankfully was able to cancel until I figure this all out). I've been reading up on the compatibility issues and am pretty confused about the root cause of the incompatibility and ultimately what could have been done (if anything). I am also confused why Zooz would have a v2.0 based on the 500 chipset and release one with the 700 chipset and keep the name 2.0.

Ultimately the new house is going to need even more sensors than I've already invested in and I am at a crossroads of aborting and staying with SmartThings and waiting for the C-8 hub, getting all new sensors from someone else, taking a gamble the 700 series fixes things and in the process rewarding Zooz for not fixing the issue with the 500 series, or looking into something other than Hubitat so I can reliably leverage the many I already have.

I know the future doesn't look bright for Z-Wave but once setup I've found it by far the most reliable... until this quirky issue.

I guess my question is,,, is the 700 series the answer to the problem or do I just replace all the Zooz with Aeotech 6-in-1s or keep them and explore other solutions?

I moved to Hubitat several month back had to move 100 devices from ST to the C7 hub. I had issues with zwave ghosts had to invest in a usb zwave stick to clean that all up , a lot of the issues were due to removing the devices from ST, I did not get them totally excluded in some cases. I also had bought the 4 zooz sensor old version and it threw the zwave in a complete mess when added in the Hubitat system , I called zooz and the told me that they were coming out with a new version they sent that to me. I added the 700 4 sensor to the C7 with the beta driver in this steam of messages and have not been happy at all with the performance of it. I since have removed it and my zwave got a bit more stable, I plan on getting rid of zwave over time and move to Lutron for all my switches the ones I have replaced are rock solid. They are expensive, but so where the Levitons and the Levitons have polling issues I had to install the zwave polling app it helped but not 100%. That is my experience I do like the Hubitat system better but itโ€™s not a cake walk change itโ€™s a lot of work but 100% better than ST.

@BRL The issue with the c7 and the 500 series of the zooz 4-in-1 Was the fact that it only paired with s0 security. This is extremely chatty and the units can overwhelm the mesh. The solution to using these is simply get a usb stick and pair it as a secondary controller and pair the 4-in-1's to hubitat through that controller with no security and then remove the secondary controller. I know it seems like a lot but it only took me 5 mins to get all mine paired. The 700 Series version can be paired either with s2 or none. To be honest most of us pair everything with no security except for locks and garage doors.

1 Like

See then I am even more confused because many said the unsecure pairing didn't really help... also mine appear to pair in S2 mode unless I am reading this wrong:

• deviceType: 8225
  • zwaveSecurePairingComplete: true
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x98
  • zwNodeInfo: 53 9C 00 04 07 01
  • secureInClusters: 0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x80,0x71,0x31,0x70,0x84,0x7A
  • firmwareVersion: 17.9
  • deviceId: 8449
  • S2: 128
  • manufacturer: 634

But either way they get stuck in the ResyncAll and exhibits the same symptoms people are referring to. Oddly of the four I had pulled from ST and moved over for testing one paired insecure on its own once but then when I removed it and tried again it would only pair in the S2 mode. But I've not seen the S0 mode people are referring to.