New 700 series version of the Zooz 4-in-1 released!

@agnes.zooz Any chance of you guys assisting to write an HE driver?

Iā€™m playing driver catch up this weekend.. This is on my list, want to get it in before 2.2.9 goes public release..

3 Likes

Myewand driver? (nudge nudge, wink wink) :rofl:

I have got something built and working, but dont have the wakeup stuff done yet due to it being battery powered. Makes it difficult to configure because you have to time waking it up and hitting buttons.

2 Likes

Doing the best we can to provide @bcopeland and @jtp10181 with any information and support we can so that the sensor is again compatible with HE. It's one of our most popular products and we're determined to make it work on all of the platforms. I'm confident it'll happen soon!

We're always looking for ways to implement the latest features to our products so we definitely have LR in the pipeline for all of our 700 devices :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome! I have one of 700 series devices that I would love to use with LR, and will be purchasing the new 700 4-in-1 when it is available in Canadaā€¦. Is it already?

I would be happy to help beta test LR on Hubitat if you need someone to help when it is available on both platforms.

1 Like

It's on its way to to Home Tech Solution, you should be able to get within the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

Ok.. I just finished testing the 4-in-1 700 series.. and everything is working on the current driver.. But.. It didn't start reporting motion until I removed the battery and re-inserted it, it reported all other values except motion.. And it's not reporting motion with notification like the alliance listing specifies, it's only sending basic.. But it's working..

Basic only? Yuck.

That said, I've had good luck with my zooz leak and contact sensors, so I am looking forward to the upcoming 700 series temperature + humidity sensor...

Out of curiosity - what does this mean? What is the difference between sending basic motion vs motion with notification?

Not an expert by any definition, but from what I played with while modifying drivers, it seems to be a level of detail thing.

In my mind, motion is a booleanā€¦ either on or offā€¦ So I feel like there is something I donā€™t know hereā€¦

basic command class, which is highly ambiguous, vs notification command class which has no ambiguity..

3 Likes

It didn't work for us when testing so if you can message me what's wrong with the notification command class, I'll pass it on to the engineers to see if this is something that needs to be fixed.

Weird that it wouldn't work, as it is the same notification command class you are already using on the 700 series contact and leak sensors - just a different notification number.

@bcopeland I did pull my battery and reinstalled, I am not sure how you got this to work correctly. When I trigger motion the BasicSet gets picked up and it causes an active motion, but then the notification report gets picked and sets it back to inactive immediately. I found that the old ZSE40 is sending v1AlarmType and v1AlarmLevel in the notification class but the new ZSE40-700 does not. I assumed the stock driver uses that v1 info which is why its not working right on the new device. I did check the zwave spec and thought it said in a round about way the v1 info was optional and could be set to 0 if not used.

This is what I get when I trigger motion on the stock driver with the ZSE40-700 (2.2.9.130)

Also, FYI the LED Indicator mode parameter option 2 was removed and option 3 became #2 and option 4 (the default) became #3.

I let Zooz know about these differences right away but I am not sure if they are going to sync it up with the old ZSE40 in a firmware update for backwards compatibility or not.

In the meantime I have been working on and have a fully functional driver that works for both the old and new ZSE40, including the parameter #8 which allows you to disable the BasicSet reports to cut down on traffic for the ZSE40-500 which sends alerts every 7 seconds.

I plan to post my driver later today, stay tuned!

Also I have not explicitly tested it, but by looking at my history chart I think the ZSE40-700 will send the temp/hum/lux reports during active motion now since it is not spamming out the motion notifications. Once I post my driver someone can test it better if you want.

I actually didnā€™t see notification packets for anything except tamper

Mine sends them every time, you can see it in my screenshot above getting logged by the stock driver. Firmware 32.32

Odd.. Going to test again.. But I know I didnā€™t see it before..

Mine is paired with S2 Auth, not sure if that would change anything. Here is my data so you can compare.