New 700 series version of the Zooz 4-in-1 released!

And one more thing...Sorry for bugging you.
Is this normal two have two active events this close together?

Are you using @jtp10181's driver? If so, change the parameter that makes it only send one report. That should prevent the duplicate motion event you see. I'm at work, so can't check what the wording is, but the options are either one report or both reports.

I think your sensor is reporting way to often. It could be caused by several things. Open the device and post a screenshot of the preferences you have selected. You might need to get the basic zwave driver and run a parameter report, but we can think about that later. For now, we just want to know if it's reporting within the ranges you've configured.

@waterboysh you might be onto something... Edit.. yep I am using @jtp10181 driver. the Hubitat one didn't work properly for me at all.

Change this to Notifications is what i think is being suggested.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 6.53.24 AM

The way you have it set is asking for two reports, and no one wants a basic report :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Will do! Not sure if that change will take place as I am remote'd in. I may have to press the button to wake it up. But will do this tonight for sure. Any other suggestions, I am all ears!

You won't have to manually wake it up. It should check in every 12 hours and ask the hub if anything needs to be updated and just update then.

Re-looking at your screenshot, I actually don't notice to much amiss. The period between 9:13 - 9:19 has more events than I'd normally expect over a 6 minute period, but not enough to cause a problem at all. It seems temperature change was the leading cause of events. Every 1 degree change is sending one.

I think turning off the basic report may help. Are you on a C7 hub? I recommend getting the zwave mesh tool and check out what it reports as the RTT.

Hi,

yep I am on a C-7 hub. Here is the report from the Zwave mesh tool. New 700 series version of the Zooz 4-in-1 released! - #80 by chad.andrews

Ah, I missed that. Are we talking about the kitchen motion device? I don't know the details of how the RTT StdDev field is calculated, but I remember what standard deviations are from my stats classes a looong time ago. I have a couple of devices that have a good RTT but have a high StdDev. They will randomly take 5+ seconds to work and then after a couple of minutes start working fine again. I don't really have any explanation for it.

But so far, all my ZSE40s have always been fast. Even the older 500 series ones.

@jtp10181 Where is parameter #8 documented? I don't see it in the 500 or 700 series sensor manual... And Param 8 on the alliance web page for the 700 shows that as retries, not reporting config?

Yep, its the Kitchen Motion Device. Interesting about the RTT and StdDev. I'll try the the reporting config and review my mesh and see how that works out for me.

Ok, so it sync'd up with the new parameter set and all seem well for a little bit, I wasn't seeing duplicate events anymore. But then I noticed a pattern. So I am using this sensor in a dark area, when activated the light turns on and stays on while motion is ongoing, then goes off after 2 mins of no motion. Here is the thing, (could be an issue I dont know) But extra notifications are being sent, so no motion it's dark 0% light. Motion starts...send report, light comes on, 90% light, Send report again cause illuminance changed. no Motion for 15 seconds send report inactive. After 2 mins, light goes out, 0% light, send another report. Seems like a lot of reports still.
Like this,

Its documented in my emails with Zooz support only I guess :slight_smile: and tested and confirmed that is what it does.

1 Like

I definitely wasn't questioning whether you were right or wrong, I was more curious if there was a document I missed somewhere.

Did support comment on why parameter 8 on the Z-Wave 700 device is documented as a completely different feature on the Z-Wave alliance web page?

@jtp10181 is there a way to turn off the lighting attribute reporting all together in your driver? Just trying to minimize traffic from the scenario I have above.
Unrelated (maybe) but I added a Zooz Multisiren the same day as I added the Motion Sensor. It is literally 5 feet from the hub and it continues to route change like crazy. This is since a reboot a few days ago. Before that it was 200+ in a few days. Trying to get some advice on it as well, or I wonder if it could be affecting my mesh?

The device does not support turning off any of the sensors completely in its current firmware (unfortunately). Best you can do is to set the trigger setting to the maximum.

ok will do! Thank you

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Zooz support also told me that on firmware 32.02 and newer param 8 is the basic report for motion on/off toggle. So even if their documentation isn't accurate, at least the answers from support are. :slight_smile:

I would recommend / postulate that param 8 should always be 0 when used on modern hubs... There is really no reason (for most uses) to send both basic and notification reports for motion.

FYI to @bcopeland as well.

1 Like

I honestly never looked anywhere else. I usually do a parameter scan and then email Zooz directly to ask about anything undocumented. I will have to start checking on that site as well, might be faster in some cases.

It is right "most" of the time. For many vendors it is right 100% of the time... For others (cough zooz cough) it is very good, but not always perfect.

1 Like

Thread resurrecting, but curious how people are liking these? I have two monoprice knockoffs of these, and an ecolink motion sensor that I was thinking to replace.

Thanks!