Mercator Ikuu

I successfully grouped two of the bulbs, including using Zigbee Group Messaging. I did think that I had a problem at one point, but it turned out that my daughter had automatically turned the lights off as she left the room, not being used to the automation yet.

So, yes, they seem to work fine.

Realistically, how many ZigBee devices should I be able to run on Hubitat?

I have a C4 hub that is having issues at the moment (I think it might be the Nue products playing up but am not sure - nor do I know how to figure it out??), and I plan to swap it for a C7 I bought but haven't had the chance to switch to yet.

I have 40+ LIFX GU10 bulbs that never worked properly on SmartThings or Hubitat, that are basically being used as dumb bulbs at the moment - and I am thinking of swapping about half of them with the Ikuu bulbs.

I have about a dozen other contact and temp/humidity sensors as well, and 5 x Ikea repeaters.

When I do swap over my hub, should I use the old C4 (assuming that is not part of the problem), to connect just the zigbee bulbs to? Or am I better to have them all on the main C7 hub?

i can't recall the absolute max, but i believe you can have up to 32 devices direct to the hub, and devices can transmit across at least 15 hops. so provided you have strategically-placed repeaters to broaden the mesh (sounds like you do), then you should have no issues with a mesh that size.
( per our earlier discussion, i would first rule out the Nue's, i've bitten the bullet and ordered some Ikuu switches to replace my Nue's )

EDIT: perhaps check this out if you haven't seen it: How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh - Hubitat Documentation

1 Like

Thanks for that @sanewton72. I thought it was something like that - I will have to make sure I have the repeaters on when I add the new bulbs.

Yeah, I just contacted Lighting Superstore to get a price on 23 bulbs, and replacements for most of my Nue outlets and switches. I have a switch fail another couple of times over the weekend. I just don't trust them anymore and they are causing problems.

Do the Mercator Ikuu 1,2,3-gang switches support hold/release/double tap kind of functionality or are they straight forward on/off single press only?

Happy to see there are finally Aus approved devices on the market, but given that they had a chance to shake up the market, not sure why they chose such a fugly design (personal opinion of course, maybe they look better in real life).
Would've been nice if they had a glass front panel and such.

Ok, so my switches are on their way so huge thanks to everyone working on drivers ect to make all our lives easier.
Has anyone connected the Ikuu LED Strips to their Hubitat and were you able to select colours ect through a dashboard?

don't think so, they are on/off.
i use a 2/3/4 gang to achieve a basic scene switch.
e.g 3G switch, top one toggles light, middle toggles ceiling fan, bottom one (could do anything) dims to a setpoint / toggle colour/ turn on AC unit

Ah damn, that's a shame, could've been infinitely more versatile if they had this kind of functionality though. With their capacative touch, I was hoping they would have had it as that should lend itself well to that kind of stuff.

It would also allow you to be very creative for the 3-gang in your example:

• short tap on either of the gangs turns a light on/off.
  • hold the left button dims the light that you turn on/off with the middle button and the right button when held raises the light again
  • double tap on the first sets scene 1, double tap on the second sets scene 2, etc...

couldnt agree more. but at least now mercator's come to market we have something here in australia

3 Likes

Did you ever slap together any drivers for this? I've now got a bunch of Ikuu products to play with, and I've just installed the USB Dual GPO / outlet and starting to wonder about the driver - would rather stand on the shoulders of others before trying to start from zero

Got a few things going, but setting the reporting intervals does not seem to be working, it still sends the power reports every second. I have been spending more time installing hardware and not had much time to keep debugging this.

The Ikuu LED strip works brilliantly with Hubitat "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver (just make sure that you click "Configure". I used a 5m strip to make a Wagon Wheel chandelier. I animate the hue using Node-RED.

3 Likes

The switches look pretty good in real life. They fit in well with typical Australian stuff and the switches work and feel pretty good.

What I would love to see is a standalone battery powered version of the 4 gang switch (maybe with optional 240V input) to put in wherever we want a scene or flexible switch. Much nicer than sticking sonoff or whatever switches all over the house.

Glass panels sound good in theory, but are vulnerable to damage. I have a 3a Smarthome unit for example that had a wall wart plugged in. The dogs smashed into a small table and in turn whacked into the wall wart, shattering the face. I was able to buy another one, but that is just a fact of life with a glass-faced GPO. Polycarbonate is strong and tough.

Share the driver with me and I may have a crack at seeing if I can figure out the reporting frequency changes... send me a PM with a link or just txt of the driver code

I tried a few starting points but eventually worked from this:

This does not support multiple endpoints, but that is definitely the easy part. This driver has a range of options for changing reporting interval which are based on the Zigbee cluster standard, but they seem to do nothing on this device. Either they don't implement the standard correctly or I am missing something. This applies to the built-in driver (Generic Zigbee Outlet) as well.

To be honest I have no idea what to do here. Several approaches to setting this reporting seem to do nothing.

Edit: I figured out the reporting problem by reading even more of the standard document. The problem was that I was not configuring all of the reporting. Other outlets tend to report things like AC frequency, which this device does not support, and apparently, other devices don't support things like RMS Current, which this device does support. Adding the following line to the power reporting configuration:

cfg +=  zigbee.configureReporting(0x0B04, 0x0508, 0x21, 30, 900, 1);                                                            // RMS Current

Configures minimum 30 seconds, maximum 900 seconds reporting of RMS Current (attribute id 0x0508).

2 Likes

Ikuu 3G switch (SKU: SSW03)

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 43
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0006,0003
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0013
  • isMultiEP: true
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_khtlvdfc

Tried using the 'Aurora Zigbee Switch' driver (and the 'Generic Zigbee Switch' driver), no luck as yet. It responds to button presses (and commands on the Device page) for a bit, then all the Blue LED ring lights start flashing and it goes unresponsive.

@saxnix is the 4G switch working flawlessly with the Aurora driver for you?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, was there a final driver for the dual GPO that works with the power reporting properly and doesn't flood the hub with messages?

yeah @richard1 found that adding a tweak to an existing driver made for Iris smartplugs did the trick. Haven't tested it myself yet. On the to-do list. :slight_smile:

I actually solved the problem and have a reasonable driver now, with some limitations. It reports power, RMS Current and voltage and the frequency can be tweaked. It turned out that the flood on messages was current reporting, which defaults to every second and was not configured by any driver that I tried.

Hubitat/Ikuu Mercator GPO with Power Reporting.groovy at main Β· RichardLaxton/Hubitat Β· GitHub

Current issues:

• Pressing the switches on the device does not report state correctly to the child devices, the endpoints should be 0x01 and 0x02 but this is just not the case.
  • Code could probably do with some more cleaning up
  • There are magic numbers that should be names constants, and these constants do appear to exist, but there does not seem to be any documentation on this.
  • There are some messages being reported which I am not parsing. I have not gone through what these are yet.
2 Likes

Which Ikuu lights have power reporting? Do all the zigbee lights, or just some?