Mercator Ikuu

Yep, it has been working flawlessly for me. I am using it as a dumb switch at this stage, but will add automation to one of them and see if that messes with anything.

None that I know of. I have most of their lights and not seen any sign of it. No errant messages, definitely nothing in the driver.

Ikuu Donovan 36W panel (SKU: SMD9300)

• endpointId: 01
  • application: C2
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,1000,0008,0300
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0502B
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_bujv0r9b

seems to work perfectly with "Advanced Zigbee Bulb" driver

Ikuu External Double GPO (SKU: SPP02GIP)

• application: 4A
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0006,0702,0B04,EF00,0003
  • model: TS011F
  • isMultiEP: true
  • manufacturer: _TZ3210_7jnk7l3k

seems to work fine using the "Generic Zigbee Multi-point Switch" driver.
only strangeness is an extra endpoint/child device (ID: F2) is created, that appears to do nothing when it is switched on or off. Logs don't show any errors.
This device does not have the power monitoring continual reporting issue the 'regular' double GPO does.

1 Like

Ikuu Ford Batten (SKU: SMI7040)

• application: 52
  • softwareBuild:
  • model: TS0502B
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_zw7wr5uo

seems to work perfectly with "Advanced Zigbee Bulb" driver

hi there @richard1 i have installed the driver from your github, and installed it.
so far so good - well done! i haven't seen the message flooding as we discussed before, although i have noticed the messages come through you're not parsing.
i followed your other thread on as you were working through: did you end up resolving the child device status update issue?
is there anything i can do to help you refine/finalise the driver?

Hi @sanewton72, yes, the driver has been updated in Github to resolve the child device naming problem, actually, I changed the naming system completely, but a configure or saving of preferences should solve that problem.

The unparsed messages were not important. They were 0x8021 bind responses and 0x8001 generic zigbee messages which have no function within the driver. Most parsers just ignore them, so I did as well.

I would consider the driver to be more or less done, unless we can get more documentation on the inner workings of the device to solve things like power reporting being fast in one direction, but slow to drop back down, and how change triggering for voltage does not actually work at all.

I have migrated from Samsung Smartthings to mercator ikuu.

There bug in the ikuu app hope it can be addressed with Mercator.

The GPO and Switch displays of the devices in the app are swapped.

The smartthings button and motion sensor has a temperature display in the smartthings app. This temperature is not displayed i the mercator app.

hi murray, just want to clarify your situation:
you were using smartthings, and have migrated to the mercator ikuu app.
ummm..not sure how else to ask this: do you happen to have/use a 'Hubitat Elevation' hub?

Ikuu 2m Strip Light RGB+CCT (SKU: SMLD233-ZB)

• application: 52
  • softwareBuild:
  • model: TS0505B
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_cmaky9gq

seems to work perfectly with "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver

Just got myself a wee sample of the iKuu devices to play with;
2 x Double GPO ( 1 Black and 1 white (to boost my mesh) - Grabbed your driver @richard1
1 x Plug base (to test as replacement of existing plug bases feeding GU10 lights)
1 x Motion detector (looks to have plenty of space inside to fit a buck converter for powering via USB powerpack)

1 x Motion detector (looks to have plenty of space inside to fit a buck converter for powering via USB powerpack)

Not sure that it is worth USB powering the sensor. With two AAAs it is going to last for several years.

i personally would love a solid, affordable ZB motion sensor that can run on mains or batteries (which i have fed back to the guys at Mercator). ideal would be a ZB version of the Aeotec multisensor 6, which is a great product but z-wave and relatively expensive. :frowning:
i think batteries are a blessing and a curse. outside of us enthusiasts who constantly monitor, tinker and nurse their HA system, a lot of users find out the battery is gone loooong after the fact. and only on the off chance they happen to notice something isnt working.

mains = wherever you can (new builds, renos)
battery = whatever can't be on mains, AND accessible without doing the molly meldrum.

2 Likes

I have several Aeotec Multisensor 6 and I can tell you that putting one of the ZB sensors on mains is not going to come close to Aeotec unit. Programable sensitivity and reporting rates, programable reset times and all the other configurable registers. Note that the stock driver does not really expose all of these things but they are pretty easy to push out with the Z-Wave tools driver.

Even on mains, ZB sensors (at least from Samsung, Sonoff and Ikuu) are still not going to have any configurability at all.

The 24850s used by most sensors last a good year generally, and they do report the battery level pretty well once they are paired up. It is pretty easy to set an alarm on battery level. I do like the AAAs as I mentioned earlier even more though. So much more capacity that it is not funny.

Anyone have the outdoor zigbee Ikuu power socket yet? I've got 2 coming, but they're not here yet.

hi @mike yep, posted above:

How well does it work outside your house?

For context, what is your house made from and how close is the nearest repeater inside?

hi @richard1 i haven't installed it yet, just powered it up, connected to my Dev. hub (whose mesh does not extend that far :slight_smile: ), and waiting for the Hubitat guys to confirm the generic built-in driver i tested, or create a new driver if required. I would be surprised if they need to create a new driver, but i'm not keen to uninstall/pull it off the wall if they do so thought i'd wait.

I would be willing to bet that it works exactly as the GPO does, including power reporting and that my driver will work (and the generic driver as well, just without power reporting). Do you have the fingerprint of it? If it has TZ3210 then it will just be a repackaged Tuya Zigbee relay module.

I use "suicide cables" or unterminated power cords to test my GPO devices. You can safely wire the device up to live, neutral and ground (check your colours!) and then cover the terminals with some tape for safety before plugging the whole thing into the wall. I am pretty used to dealing with mains voltages so don't do this if you are uncomfortable.

i posted the fingerprint above, and have confirmed that a built-in driver works with no major issues. but seeing as hubitat are supposed to be working on official drivers for the Ikuu stuff, i had to leave it connected to the Dev. hub.
i'm pretty comfortable with playing with voltage :slight_smile: but i do hate wasting valuable time installing and uninstalling.