Mercator Ikuu

Did you ever slap together any drivers for this? I've now got a bunch of Ikuu products to play with, and I've just installed the USB Dual GPO / outlet and starting to wonder about the driver - would rather stand on the shoulders of others before trying to start from zero

Got a few things going, but setting the reporting intervals does not seem to be working, it still sends the power reports every second. I have been spending more time installing hardware and not had much time to keep debugging this.

The Ikuu LED strip works brilliantly with Hubitat "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" driver (just make sure that you click "Configure". I used a 5m strip to make a Wagon Wheel chandelier. I animate the hue using Node-RED.

3 Likes

The switches look pretty good in real life. They fit in well with typical Australian stuff and the switches work and feel pretty good.

What I would love to see is a standalone battery powered version of the 4 gang switch (maybe with optional 240V input) to put in wherever we want a scene or flexible switch. Much nicer than sticking sonoff or whatever switches all over the house.

Glass panels sound good in theory, but are vulnerable to damage. I have a 3a Smarthome unit for example that had a wall wart plugged in. The dogs smashed into a small table and in turn whacked into the wall wart, shattering the face. I was able to buy another one, but that is just a fact of life with a glass-faced GPO. Polycarbonate is strong and tough.

Share the driver with me and I may have a crack at seeing if I can figure out the reporting frequency changes... send me a PM with a link or just txt of the driver code

I tried a few starting points but eventually worked from this:

This does not support multiple endpoints, but that is definitely the easy part. This driver has a range of options for changing reporting interval which are based on the Zigbee cluster standard, but they seem to do nothing on this device. Either they don't implement the standard correctly or I am missing something. This applies to the built-in driver (Generic Zigbee Outlet) as well.

To be honest I have no idea what to do here. Several approaches to setting this reporting seem to do nothing.

Edit: I figured out the reporting problem by reading even more of the standard document. The problem was that I was not configuring all of the reporting. Other outlets tend to report things like AC frequency, which this device does not support, and apparently, other devices don't support things like RMS Current, which this device does support. Adding the following line to the power reporting configuration:

cfg +=  zigbee.configureReporting(0x0B04, 0x0508, 0x21, 30, 900, 1);                                                            // RMS Current

Configures minimum 30 seconds, maximum 900 seconds reporting of RMS Current (attribute id 0x0508).

2 Likes

Ikuu 3G switch (SKU: SSW03)

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 43
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0006,0003
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0013
  • isMultiEP: true
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_khtlvdfc

Tried using the 'Aurora Zigbee Switch' driver (and the 'Generic Zigbee Switch' driver), no luck as yet. It responds to button presses (and commands on the Device page) for a bit, then all the Blue LED ring lights start flashing and it goes unresponsive.

@saxnix is the 4G switch working flawlessly with the Aurora driver for you?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, was there a final driver for the dual GPO that works with the power reporting properly and doesn't flood the hub with messages?

yeah @richard1 found that adding a tweak to an existing driver made for Iris smartplugs did the trick. Haven't tested it myself yet. On the to-do list. :slight_smile:

I actually solved the problem and have a reasonable driver now, with some limitations. It reports power, RMS Current and voltage and the frequency can be tweaked. It turned out that the flood on messages was current reporting, which defaults to every second and was not configured by any driver that I tried.

Hubitat/Ikuu Mercator GPO with Power Reporting.groovy at main ยท RichardLaxton/Hubitat ยท GitHub

Current issues:

• Pressing the switches on the device does not report state correctly to the child devices, the endpoints should be 0x01 and 0x02 but this is just not the case.
  • Code could probably do with some more cleaning up
  • There are magic numbers that should be names constants, and these constants do appear to exist, but there does not seem to be any documentation on this.
  • There are some messages being reported which I am not parsing. I have not gone through what these are yet.
2 Likes

Which Ikuu lights have power reporting? Do all the zigbee lights, or just some?

Yep, it has been working flawlessly for me. I am using it as a dumb switch at this stage, but will add automation to one of them and see if that messes with anything.

None that I know of. I have most of their lights and not seen any sign of it. No errant messages, definitely nothing in the driver.

Ikuu Donovan 36W panel (SKU: SMD9300)

• application: C2
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,1000,0008,0300
  • model: TS0502B
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_bujv0r9b

seems to work perfectly with "Advanced Zigbee Bulb" driver

Ikuu External Double GPO (SKU: SPP02GIP)

• application: 4A
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0006,0702,0B04,EF00,0003
  • model: TS011F
  • isMultiEP: true
  • manufacturer: _TZ3210_7jnk7l3k

seems to work fine using the "Generic Zigbee Multi-point Switch" driver.
only strangeness is an extra endpoint/child device (ID: F2) is created, that appears to do nothing when it is switched on or off. Logs don't show any errors.
This device does not have the power monitoring continual reporting issue the 'regular' double GPO does.

1 Like

Ikuu Ford Batten (SKU: SMI7040)

• application: 52
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,1000,0008,0300
  • model: TS0502B
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_zw7wr5uo

seems to work perfectly with "Advanced Zigbee Bulb" driver

hi there @richard1 i have installed the driver from your github, and installed it.
so far so good - well done! i haven't seen the message flooding as we discussed before, although i have noticed the messages come through you're not parsing.
i followed your other thread on as you were working through: did you end up resolving the child device status update issue?
is there anything i can do to help you refine/finalise the driver?

Hi @sanewton72, yes, the driver has been updated in Github to resolve the child device naming problem, actually, I changed the naming system completely, but a configure or saving of preferences should solve that problem.

The unparsed messages were not important. They were 0x8021 bind responses and 0x8001 generic zigbee messages which have no function within the driver. Most parsers just ignore them, so I did as well.

I would consider the driver to be more or less done, unless we can get more documentation on the inner workings of the device to solve things like power reporting being fast in one direction, but slow to drop back down, and how change triggering for voltage does not actually work at all.

I have migrated from Samsung Smartthings to mercator ikuu.

There bug in the ikuu app hope it can be addressed with Mercator.

The GPO and Switch displays of the devices in the app are swapped.

The smartthings button and motion sensor has a temperature display in the smartthings app. This temperature is not displayed i the mercator app.

hi murray, just want to clarify your situation:
you were using smartthings, and have migrated to the mercator ikuu app.
ummm..not sure how else to ask this: do you happen to have/use a 'Hubitat Elevation' hub?