Lutron Integrator: No Device Creation but Telnet Activity in Logs

Platform Version: 2.3.2.141

This C7 hub has worked as expected for nearly two years. Nearly 30 Lutron Caseta devices installed along with other devices. Hub operates normal now except that when I add a new Lutron device in the Lutron Integrator app, I do not get any new devices on the devices page.

When I go to the logs, I see this when I press button 1 on the PJ2-2b Pico:

The Integration ID of the device is correct - 44. This PJ2-2b Pico is actually a Keypad so my setup code for this device is "k" which appears as the last item in the setup page (gear icon) for the app:

But, on that same page nearly the bottom, id 44 does not appear:

I've also tried adding a Lutron Caseta plug-in lamp dimmer with no luck on a device being added.

We had some unexpected power outages today so I tried restoring a backup (with same platform version) with no luck apparent change to the problem at hand.

If memory serves, the only thing I've done since the last Lutron device was added was upgrade the HE platform.

Appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

Thanks!

Similar Reference Posts

1. Pico doesn’t show up in device list after being added to Lutron Integration
  2. Lutron Pico buttons ignored

Can you post a screen shot of what the new devices look like on the integrator? Are existing switches and dimmers still working?

All existing devices work as normal.

Lutron Integrator App entry for new Pico device:

That’s the problem. A Pico is “p”, not “k”.

1 Like

I wish it were that simple. I've tried all the Pico drivers. This device registers in the Lutron Caseta app with it's default name as "Keypad" and that's where the attempt as a Keypad originated.

That may be a distinction with no meaning but having done more than 100 of these lovely devices across 4 hubs, it's an odd behavior to me.

There is a thread applicable to the PJ2 model Pico where @bravenel states that the PJ2-4B variant is compatible with the existing drivers. But I'm not sure the PJ2-2B is compatible (using any integration code/drivers) because I can't get it to work.

Lutron Pico PJ2-2B

Have you tried using the prefix “p” in the integration app and not “k”.

I have several 2-Button Picos.

Thank you. Yes.

I probably have 20 of the two button Picos PJ2-2B, I'm using them on Caseta (3 different bridges) as well as Radio RA2, and Ive never seen one of these detected as a keypad.
I would try deleting it from Caseta and re-adding it and see if it shows as a Pico

Irrespective of that, the device is producing the correct events from the telnet logs you posted.
Be sure that you delete it from the integration, and manually delete the previous device in Hubitat as well after re-adding it to Caseta

2 Likes

Thanks Mike. But, that’s kind of the point… I never saw a device appear in Hubitat. Really odd to me that the telnet stream is there but no device on the devices page.

Also, I’ve deleted and re-added this thing more times and ways than I care to count. May be a bad device somehow. Still doesn’t explain why I can’t add a simple plug-in lamp recep though.

seems like something else is going on, i just added one of my bridges to another hub, added a switch and all was good...
also, for sure its not a bad device as it's reporting via telnet.
Can you post a screen shot of the settings section of the app?
Also, did you switch from interactive setup to configuration list?

did you change it from k to p? (Was unclear based on your earlier response)

DM sent with LI app settings section.
I've never used the interactive setup. Mine are all set to config list.

Also, I have just noticed these error messages in the log:

App:12 is my child instance of the LI app.

Right but did you change that line from K to p? The error above basically says the device type isn't found...

I use the scenes as a keypad but that's it

@rlithgow1, Thank you. Maybe there's a time lag but yes and yes. I tried P, K, Q and even W for grins. All after having removed the device from Lutron and HE, rebooting hubs and then re-adding the device after each subsequent reboot cycle.

1 Like

Can you delete the pico from the lutron hub, then reset the pico, then re add it to the lutron hub? Then double check your integration report? (also make sure it's working on the lutron hub itself) Trying to work backwards on your issue.

Hes already done that. The device is producing correct data in the hubitat telnet logs. the issue is that the integration is refusing to create a device after its added via the integration... So the pico data has no where to go once it is sent over telnet...

1 Like

Please try adding a second integration using the same bridge ip. Try adding the new pico to that instance.

3 Likes

@mike.maxwell, That worked. The device now appears in the list. What does this mean for the original child instance?

It means its somehow broken...

1 Like

@mike.maxwell, Out of sheer ignorance for how the LI app works, is there any chance that adding the existing devices via this new child instance would retain their status/address/identity in existing rules, etc?

1 Like